Alfa 75 sports exhaust

Started by Alfamania, October 04, 2013, 11:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfamania

Hello,

Im thinking of maybe upgrading my exhaust on the Alfa 75 3.0 v6. Since it looks like there is not many plug and play exhausts for the 75, Does anybody know a competent exhaust place that will do a custom exhaust system? has anybody installed just high flow cats on the standard exhaust? Is it a noticeable increase in throttle response or not worth it? Thank you
Alfa GT 3.2
Maserati Gransport
Alfa 75 V6 3.0
BMW 318i e36
Saab 9000cs
Mazda Rx7 13B Extend port -Turbo
Ford XE ESP 5.8
Mazda RX-4 Coupe 13B Extend Port

hammer

Alfamania

Melbourne, sorry forgot to mention  :)
Alfa GT 3.2
Maserati Gransport
Alfa 75 V6 3.0
BMW 318i e36
Saab 9000cs
Ford XE ESP 5.8

jazig.k

I personally wouldn't bother with high flow cats on a standard car, but if you do change the cat... I put in a VN-VS commodore cat, that way later on, if I ever wished, I could buy a shelf stock high flow cat that just bolted in. Yes, bolts in... Piss off the slip joints and get it all flanged. For the extra ~$50 its worth it the very next time you work on the car.

I chose the commodore because of the similar engine size and I had on in the back yard.
I also never 'ran' the cat, instead I just bashed the guts out and pressed in a piece of exhaust pipe. With a single Magnaflow straight through rear muffler [14"x9" oval, left in, right out] its loud but wonderful. The only cop that has pulled me up since its been fitted did comment positivly on how the car sounded. He gave me a canary for 40mm ride height :P

Duk

I do and don't agree with Jazig.
Yes, piss off the cheap sh!t slip joints and use either conventional bolted flanges or V-Band flanges.

If you have a 3 litre, build a 2.5 inch exhaust system for it and use 2 inch pipes off of the standard manifolds.

The 5 litre and 5.7 litre Commondore cats are good and cheap. In fact, any cat from a car that exceeds your intended power figure, will be worthwhile, so long as it fits.

Alfamania

Thank you sounds good. How about the high flow magnaflow unit? They make one for the Alfa 75 3.0  :)
Alfa GT 3.2
Maserati Gransport
Alfa 75 V6 3.0
BMW 318i e36
Saab 9000cs
Ford XE ESP 5.8