Pre-Christmas Run to Maldon - December 15th 2013

Started by Evan Bottcher, October 23, 2013, 10:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

Hi folks,

John has twisted my arm again to organise a run to the goldfields area just before Christmas.  I've got a route together which will be entertaining and picturesque but not too long.  Bring along your partners and/or kids, there's a playground across the road for the little ones, and you can promise some last minute Christmas shopping in Maldon or Castlemaine or Daylesford on the way back.

Time:       9.00 am for 9.30 am departure.
Where:     BP Calder Highway Outbound, 937 Calder Freeway, Calder Park
                    (Just past Calder Park Thunderdome) Melways Ref: 354 J3

This will be a picturesque drive to the north with a mid morning stop for refreshments at the Red Beard Historic Bakery, High Street Trentham at 10.45 am, meet us there if you like.   The drive will then continue through the back roads to the historic town of Maldon where we will have a luncheon at the historic Kangaroo Hotel starting 12.30 pm.

Lunch will be a choice of main meal and a dessert and tea/coffee for $25, we can all sit together and regale each other with tales of Alfa driving in the hills.

If you want lunch, please book by Friday 13th December. Contact me on 0400 013 175 or by email evan(at)bottch.com.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal