Least likely to own an Alfa

Started by Dave_S, March 09, 2008, 02:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave_S

Hi All,

I've been resisting the pull of Alfa Romeo ownership for too long.  I still don't have one and hope to hold out for a while yet, but it's only a matter of time.

In the past I've mainly owned Land Rovers - real ones, that you can travel off road in and hose out when necessary.  I still own two that I am making into one for a long distance trip I'm planning (starting in South Africa).  My daily driver is a 1974 Volvo 145 station wagon.  It is reliable, cheap, easy to service and repair and I can fit three mountain bikes in the back.  That's partly why I don't have an Alfa.  I'd have a problem fitting a bike in one and a bike rack just wouldn't look right.

Having said that, the urge to find and buy a 1750 GTV just won't go away.  Thankfully I can't really afford to buy a good one right now and I can't weld well enough to buy a rust bucket.  But I can join your forum and start learning more.  I guess it's time I also bought Tipler's book on the coupes.  I've heard that's the best reference source but I'm happy to be corrected.

I look forward to lurking, learning and perhaps attending a few shows to get to know the cars better.

Cheers,
Dave.

Jekyll and Hyde

Nothing wrong with blending the best of British offroad and fine Italian for onroad!  Spend my days swapping between a lurching old Range Rover (fairly highly modded  ;)) and an Alfetta GTV.  Wouldn't get rid of either of them.... although I wouldn't mind adding a 240z again..... *DUCKS*

STOP HOLDING OUT!  ;D