Australian Tarmac Rally Championship: Snowy River Sprint (23-24 November)

Started by Longinus, September 16, 2013, 11:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longinus

Any of you guys want to come do this?

I did Round 2 at Lake Mountain and had an absolute blast (driving at over 160km/h in tight twisty roads!)

I am helping the organizers get some numbers for the touring event. This is basically like a cruise, but with unrestricted speeds on closed public roads (no cars and no police!!).

This one is on November 23-24 and for $600 you get unlimited driving and a cocktail party!!

Any vehicle is welcome, it can be a complete rally car, track car, street car or even a stock car!
All you need is a AASA license (which you can get on the day for $50) and a helmet.
A navigator/passenger is not necessary at all.

Download the entry form

Lake Mountain Tarmac Sprint Tarmac Rally Documentary
(watch this to see what the event is all about)

Australian Tarmac Rally Championship website for more information

TFJ100

Hi Longinus,

This looks interesting and accords with how I like to drive!

One thing I can't tell from your post. The video shows a group of cars doing the Touring phase. Your talk below of driving at over 160 km/h on tight twisty roads doesn't seem to accord with the fairly gentle pace shown by these cars (albeit in wet conditions).

When you did Round 2, did you do the competition phase or are you talking about the Touring phase.

Can you explain further?

Now -
2018 Giulia QV, Vesuvio Grey

Then -
10 159 3.2 JTS Ti 6sp manual - black
08 159 3.2 JTS Ti 6sp manual - silver
10 159 1.7T 6 sp man - red
03 156 GTA - black
01 GTV V6 (6 spd) - red
86 Sprint - white
90 75 Twinspark - red
89 75 Twinspark - red
80 Sud Ti - beige

Longinus

Hi mate,

Yes I was in the touring (and I am in that video twice haha), I have another video where I did go over 160km/h. It's not constant, but you can really go as fast as you want as it is unrestricted. Though I do advise you drive responsibly and safely (general rule of thumb is 80% of your limit) :)

TFJ100

Amen to that.

I've never planned to crash any of my cars...so far, so good.

Now - onto the price - $600 would buy me a couple of speeding tickets...that cocktail party must be good!
Now -
2018 Giulia QV, Vesuvio Grey

Then -
10 159 3.2 JTS Ti 6sp manual - black
08 159 3.2 JTS Ti 6sp manual - silver
10 159 1.7T 6 sp man - red
03 156 GTA - black
01 GTV V6 (6 spd) - red
86 Sprint - white
90 75 Twinspark - red
89 75 Twinspark - red
80 Sud Ti - beige