AROCA Sandown Round 8 August 11

Started by Neil Choi, July 18, 2013, 09:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Attached is the SR and EF to AROCA Sandown Round 8 on August 11.

It is a tight schedule but Sandown is local and expected to be popular, especially for if you have a fast car.

Looking forward to your entry.

Neil Choi

This is a local one, so get your entries in now so I can organize everything before I head off to Winton for the Historics.

I can guarantee that you will get a LOT of track time.  You can get up at 6:30am and still be at the track by 7-7:30am.

Send me your entries now as I have a lot of work to do.

Regards
Neil

Neil Choi

Entries are being taken and if you are not going to Winton then this one is for you.

I have a moderate field at the moment, with 5-6 groups so can still fit you in.

Send me your entry this week so I can get the work done before I head off to Winton Historics for my weekend of fun.

Neil

Neil Choi

Bumper field at Sandown tomorrow. 

Congratulations to those who were at Winton last Sunday and now backing up tomorrow at Sandown.

About 25 Alfa's entered.

Some special Alfa's, two ES30 SZ's and a 1900 Superleggera.  Also for the modern Alfa admirers, three Alfa 156's hitting the track with one being well done up.

All members are welcome as spectators and watch what Alfa's do best.

Gates open early with cars on track at 9am.  Enter from Dandenong Road overpass.

massiveluvbuddy67

Neil Choi

A scene similar to this but you are not as pretty.

colcol

Ever seen a Formula driver with a very ordinary looking wife or girlfreind?, no me either, Ricardo Patrese, one of the nice guys of Formula 1, had a club member who met him once in Adelaide at the Grand Prix, ...met him in a hobby model shop buying some models, the plastic put together types, not the catwalk ones.
Someone asked Ricardo his most terrifying moment in motor racing, he said it was driving the Alfa 164 Procar, that was a 164 bodied car, with a Alfa Romeo Formula 1 motor, it was an idea by Bernie to replace Group A Touring Cars, a manufacturer could use the production body of their car with a Formula 1 motor made by the same manufacturer, would make expensive Group A racing look bargain based, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Neil Choi

Hello all,

I hope you had a successful day at the AROCA sprint event amongst the company of all your mates and club members.  It was certainly pleasing to see all the fabulous cars of all marques.  Some very fast, some very desirable from new and modern to classic and collectable.  It was great to see the Nissan Skylines, the classic BMW's, all the Alfa's including two rare ES30 SZ's and the 1900, along with the enthusiastic Alfa Sud, Alfetta GTV TS and MX5's who backed it up from last Sunday without breaking.  Also all the fine Porsches but I didn't get time (due to my duties) to inspect them all, my favourite and desire would be a 1977 Carrera 2.7L for Group S racing.

I noticed some were getting fantastic lap times while many got a heap of track time which is great to see.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the competitors for their entry and their excellent driving behaviour to make the duties of the officials easy.  It is one of the rarer occasions where Race Control was pretty quiet.
The officials to thank are:  Stuart Thomson, Alan Hopla, David Floyd, John Floyd, Ross Flood, the motorsport enthusiast volunteer by the name of DJ, Noel Goltz, Claude Botti, Bruno Colautti, Andrew Bonwick (PCV marshal coordinator), all the PCV marshals and scrutineers in their high-vis jackets (all they got for their effort was a soggy salad roll), Barry Edmunds, Terry Wade (CAMS steward),  Ivan Susigan, and of course there will be somebody who I have forgotten as usual.  Without these folks, the event would not have happened and you having a great time.  I also like to commend the roles of the recovery crew for their efficiency throughout the day.
You are all certainly welcome to enter our future events.

Until next time, see you on the track.

Evan Bottcher

Thanks to all the officials and volunteers for a good day out.  Special thanks to all the folk who helped or offered help while we battled an unreliable Alfasud today.  All sorted in the end, but I was getting a bit snippy there for a while.  Better today than at the six-hour though.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Brad M

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on August 11, 2013, 10:47:58 PM
Thanks to all the officials and volunteers for a good day out.  Special thanks to all the folk who helped or offered help while we battled an unreliable Alfasud today.  All sorted in the end, but I was getting a bit snippy there for a while.  Better today than at the six-hour though.

You might want to have a "chat" to Ray. It was only last week he was commenting on how reliable your car has been.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

Evan Bottcher

Ray's kiss of death!

No I think I'm as much to blame, I've been raving recently about how reliable the car has been.  Asking for it.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Joe Falcone

I had the misfortune of blowing a head gasket and required a bit of assistance and some valiable advice on how to make it home. Got to Mill Park after stopping 6 times to top up the coolant, this involved trespassing into peoples front yard so we could fill the water bottles. The pepper and stop leak got us about half way after that it became a bit of a chore as mentioned. Have to thank Vince for his mechanical assistance, Tony for driving me to coles for the pepper (home brand $1.79), Bruno for the stop leak and my mate Ang for the trespassing. Must say it ended up being quite a fun day regardless, watching following drivers sneezing was priceless too. Ciao Joe
1979 Alfetta GTV
1991 75 3.0 QV (potenziata)
2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio
2021 Stelvio Veloce

colcol

Due to O.H.S. issues, Worksafe have issued a Safety Bulletin # 341521/6061, that pepper shall not be used for sealing of blown headgaskets, radiators or sundry cooling systems problems, due to excessive sneezing, which could lead to accidents, but must be substituted for a Worksafe Victoria approved free range egg, which should be put in the cooling system while wearing safety glasses and fluoro vest, we don't want motorists stopping putting pepper in their cooling systems, which could start a sneezing fit, which would lead to another pointless TAC series of advertisments, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

AikenDrum105

Put the egg in with the radiator cold children.....  I don't care what MacGyver did....  ;)
Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV