Thanks!

Started by Evan Bottcher, April 30, 2006, 12:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

Just wanted to say a big thank you to those of you who are participating in the forum - there's some great discussions going on and so far no-one's really stepped out of line or posted anything inappropriate.  While this continues it's easy for me to moderate.  Keep it up!

Things I'd love to see:

- more people sharing the restoration and development of their cars.  Post loads of pictures we've got heaps of storage space and I know lots of members find pictures really interesting.
- more video - I know lots of members have in-car video that they can share.  If you want some help in how to crunch it down to a smaller size (but still watchable) and upload it to video.google.com give me a holler.
- a bit more controversy!  I think the Giulietta SS is the ugly duckling of classic Alfas, but other deranged people seem to think they are beautiful.  They're gangly and bulgy and all out of proportion at the front - like a chihuahua dog.  Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

If anyone has any feedback on the website, any suggestions, criticism - please feel free to let me know webmaster@alfaclubvic.org.au

cheers,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Scott Farquharson

What size does the video need to be - I have heaps!!
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Evan Bottcher

The size of the video really depends on how long you want to wait for it to upload, and whether people will download it if it's really big.  I reckon minimum is about 400x300 these days.  Use fairly high-compression settings in whatever program you are using and that should keep the file size down.  Follow what Jim has done and use http://video.google.com - that way you get free video hosting and can link to the videos from this forum.  From google you download a bit of software that allows you to queue up videos to upload, and pause/resume the upload if you need to  - it's quite good.

Would love to see some more in-car of the dulux car or your other GTV6.  Don't dare post anything of a Ford nature though!!!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal