Hi fellow Alfa enthusiasts

Started by mickitalia, June 06, 2013, 09:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickitalia

Hi i'm a proud owner of 156gta , great to share the same passion for the alfa brand

colcol

Welcome to the Forum mickitalia, what state do you come from and have you fitted the Q2 diff yet?, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

mickitalia

hi colcol , i'm from Melbourne , no I haven't installed the q2 diff yet , but that's next on the agenda

Quattroporte

Hey Mick

Great to have you on board. I love GTA. It's simply beautiful.

Cheers!

Neil Choi

Welcome mickitalia.

Also don't move the front seats while you are starting the GTA otherwise you will have disrupted the connectors underneath the seat(s) and an error message will come up about your airbags.  Ask me how I know.

Neil

Neil Choi

Oh, I had my new neighbours come out last night to meet me and in the process telling me kindly and politely that my GTA was too loud!!!

It was 10:30pm and we (my sons and I) were washing the GTA in readiness for an early start the next day.

Davidm1600

Two options there, they were jealous or perhaps not car people. Either way I don't see their problem. Sweet looking GTA, enjoy !
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

bonkfrog

Neil
Tell your new neighbours "Kindly stick your head up a dead bear's bum"

Cheers
Current: Alfetta GTV 2.0
Past: GTJ1300 (2l conversion), Giulia Supers, Giulia 1600TI

MD

Cripes !
I wouldn't want to start my lawn mower too early around the frog's hangout!  ..and here's me thinking he's a stately gentleman too.;D ;D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Evan Bottcher

I wouldn't want to be the bear!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Victor Lee

Quote from: Neil Choi on June 06, 2013, 10:47:53 PM
It was 10:30pm and we (my sons and I) were washing the GTA in readiness for an early start the next day.

So did you give it a nice blip when u left the next morning on your early start?    ;)   

Better keep good neighbourly relations and leave the loud stuff for when the race car gets moved onto the trailer at midnight before a race meeting!
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

TFJ100

Back on topic...

Welcome Mick!

Nice looking car...there are a few of us 156 GTA owners lurking about...I hope we get to go for a drive with you one day.

Are you a new buyer or had it for a while? How many kms?

On this forum you will see a Parts For Sale ad from me if you need any bits...I have a wrecked car which may only exist for another week before it goes to the great car-park in the sky...

Q2 is spoken for but until I get the cash, I'm happy for an orderly queue to form behind the (potential) buyer...a lot of Alfa people like to ring up, tell you they'll buy whatever you have, and then a week later, tell you that they have changed their mind.

Cheers
Torben
Now -
2018 Giulia QV, Vesuvio Grey

Then -
10 159 3.2 JTS Ti 6sp manual - black
08 159 3.2 JTS Ti 6sp manual - silver
10 159 1.7T 6 sp man - red
03 156 GTA - black
01 GTV V6 (6 spd) - red
86 Sprint - white
90 75 Twinspark - red
89 75 Twinspark - red
80 Sud Ti - beige

mickitalia

Hi and nice to meet you Torben,
great to be part of a passionate group of Alfa lovers. my car has 90.000 kms on it and maybe one it would be great to go for a drive in the near future.
you mentioned the q2 diff , let me know if it's available and how much you want for it.
hope to speak soon