new 2600 sprint owner

Started by bootlegger, May 30, 2013, 11:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bootlegger

My name is dave pagano.
Im located in sydney and have just brought home a 2600 coupe that i bought 12 months ago.
Before everyone gets excited its a heartbreaker and i planned to wreck it out to use it as a donor car for a 50s maserati project ive been collecting bits for.
Ive bought a mas quad cam 4.9litre v8, a five speed transaxle gear box etc.
My dilema now is now the car is home ive had a good look at it and its quite savable. I even thought about putting the maserat v8 in it but the mas engine is too wide. An Alferati.
I restore cars for a living so im not intimidated by the project.
My question is if i could buy another parts car or the parts i need to do the maserati i would consider restoring the 2600.
Does anyone know of anything out there, anyone else who has one or suppliers of panels etc (before i make them). Dave 0413766501

alfagtv58

I don't know where you can source bits for the Maserati, but please, please don't wreck the 2600....they are far too good and rare to 'rat' for something else, even if it is a 50's Maserati!

Cheers,
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

bootlegger

I did attempt to use all maserati stuff but the guys want telephone numbers for everything.
I drove to victoria for some parts. A steering box and a few suspension bits and the asking price three grand.
I saw this 2600 and realised the parts are almost identical.
I bought the whole car for a lot less than that and now i have most of what i need.
Im tortured at the thought of wrecking the car but i have to make a decision and right now an alternative is not presenting itself.
I really want the maserati to be all italian made up from components from the era.
Hopefully a rolling wreck will surface before i start.
Ive got a couple of projects in front of it. A eh holden panel van which is almost ready to paint and then a 58 fiat 500 healy sprite special.
I recently just finished rebuilding a rolls merlin which i have in a hydroplane. I ran it two weeks ago in the bridge to bridge.