Beninca Turbo Alfetta Ready For Noosa Hill Climb

Started by brook308, May 30, 2013, 04:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brook308

Hi All,

After a 6 month rebuild my Beninca powered GTV is now ready for a run!

Always wanted to try the blow through carbs and it all appears to work, at least on the dyno.
Will try to get to Lakeside practice on the 7th of June to run the engine in.

Some You Tube Vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weTNvQGzxeQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB7ZkVfO6DI

Cheers
George

hammer

Nice one George. I can't wait to see it on the track. 235hp at the wheels! Plenty of torque too I'd imagine.

Make sure you enter the Festival Of Italian Motorsport at Lakeside on September 8. There'll be at least 40 Italians competing in racing and regularity that day. Should be a ripper.

Catch you soon,

Brent

brook308

Cheers, thanks Brent, might give the regularity a go. Just don't want to destroy this engine, saving it for hill climbs and sprints.

17fitty

7th june hey-might have to do the secret squirrel spy move-awesome job--look out for them 3lt v6 and twinny in your mirror

brook308

Quote from: 17fitty on May 31, 2013, 09:05:13 AM
7th june hey-might have to do the secret squirrel spy move-awesome job--look out for them 3lt v6 and twinny in your mirror

Might have some HP now but still don't know how to drive so am expecting 3L v6's and twinnies to put me to shame still :)

17fitty

HAHA doubt it george-maybe an alfetta sedan on the track soonish ?or maybe a driver?

17fitty

How was lakeside today?Perfect whether for a practice.

brook308

Great day for practice, cool, very few cars on track. Lasted 4 laps before cylinder 1 became a water pump, oh well back to the drawing board. Should have o- ringed my liners I guess!

brook308

Ok so it looks like detonation that may have led to head gasket fire ring failure on #1 cyl which then lead to water ingress and then cracked liner.
So it looks like the 123 Tune ignition advance and boost retard curves worked ok on the dyno but not so good under the load/heat of a couple of laps of lakeside.
I'll replace the liner, adjust the ignition curves and run Avgas, hope this gets me through 6 runs at Noosa!

hammer

Bad luck George. At least you're having a red hot go! Best of luck with the repairs for Noosa.

Cheers,

Brent

17fitty

Hey George.
    As you know my 90 is awaiting if you need a car for the hill.....yep seriously,cant have that neighbour winning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I would if i could

brook308

Head is going back on this afternoon - Scuderia Yandina Creek style, got a unique way of removing/replacing the head/carbs/header and turbo all in one piece, does involve a 7 ton excavator though, will post some pics :)

New liner, some av-gas, less total timing and I'll be ready for last place in my class but boy will it sound good!

brook308

Why hurt your back!

17fitty

Yep thats an engine crane-no chance of back issues with that!!!Let me know if i can help.