New Giulietta $25k - Drive Away

Started by John Hanslow, May 30, 2013, 01:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfamisa

The simple answer regarding the 4C is no and no. Supply/demand will dictate the price and it is much sought after here as elsewhere and the limited production (3500 first year) combined with being at the "a" end of the world will ensure it stays like that for some time.

Regarding use of fuel, cars (and Alfas) have to be able to run on 95 RON in Europe by law so that combined with the horrific fuel prices is what they run on (outside of some low volume special version). Non turbo cars will advance timing only as far as the OEM timing mark, that is if retarded due to bad (or just lower RON) fuel used previously to avoid pinging. Some turbo cars can advance beyond OEM timing like e.g. WRX but as far as the 1.4MA (not sure for the 1.7 QV) 95RON is the correct fuel (remember that 95 RON fuel has been analysed in Aust at 97 RON as 95 is the "at least figure").

Using 98RON in your post 2000 Alfa may make you "feel" better but you are just helping make the oil companies rich(er).

The Alfa Romeo heritage "rinascimento" (renaissance) continues in each and every new model...the first "rinascimento" being 1915.

billyboy

8)

Nah!  Always use 98 RON in all my cars,  The Giulietta just loves to purr with this in her.  Really cracks along.  My jags were always run on 98 and I even run the X-trail on 98.  You do notice the difference.  And plus the petrol is cleaner.  Not all 95 RON petrols are the same.  Since we don't refine petrol here anymore - it is all imported - just buy the brand you trust and don't worry about the cost - petrol is the least expensive outlay on a car.

Garibaldi

I have run my 147 Twin Spark on 95RON and 98RON. I find the engine is more responsive on 98 but fuel economy at around 8.4L/ 100 klms is the same with both ???.

extraball

my 2003 147 runs better on 95, infact it seems slightly sluggish on 98