Looking to purchase Alfa 147

Started by alphoto, May 18, 2013, 05:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alphoto

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase an Alfa Romeo 147 Preferably 05 model onwards, manual, leather interior, not more than about 80.000ks with service history and preferably not black.

I'm from Bendigo so I'm probably limited to looking in Victoria, There isn't anything quite matching what I'm after on carsales from what I can see so I'd like to put the word out & see if anything else turns up.

Cheers

Any leads would be much appreciated.
Red 05 (pre facelift) 147 Ti.

John Hanslow

Hi there alfaoto,

Don't have any leads. But I had a 2002 147 twin spark and loved it.  It had the upgraded ti suspension package from that model so it was a great car. 

The later model car you are looking for has the updated front,  has improved suspension as the pre 2005 model was considered a bit on the soft side.

Have you looked at the standard car and ti spec as it also has better seats to match ?

Just make sure you get a pre purchase inspection.  Even with low kms, you want to check the timing belt, (perhaps variator and bearing kit) as it needs changing every 3 years.

There is a new dealer in Ballarat, who is committed to assisting local club members and alfa owners. Also Stapletons.  A few people in Bendigo too.  If you purchase a car in meto Melbourne, consider having the car checked out by someone there.

Cheers
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

colcol

The last time i was at Stapletons in Ballarat, he had a 147 being fixed in his workshop, Peter doesn't sell current model Alfa's, but he services them, if you are looking at a 147 in Melbourne, get a prebuy check done by the service providers who service these cars all day and have a Alfa Romeo diagonostic tool, it depends on where you look at the car, have it checked out at Maranello Pursang Motors Brunswick, Monza Motors in Bayswater or Mauceri Motors in Clayton, they have been supporters of the Alfa club for years, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

alphoto

Thanks for the feedback.

I just today bought a red 05 (pre facelift) 147 Ti with 80,000ks full service history, In really good condition only minor wear as expected on the seat bolster and gear lever, paint is as good as I could possibly hope for. Couldn't be more pleased.

I'm really enjoying it, I love the relaxed sporty way it drives and the sound, oh the sound is gorgeous.

I look forward learning more on these forums and will definitely have photos to share down the road.

Cheers!
Red 05 (pre facelift) 147 Ti.