Dyno Day Saturday 1st June!

Started by bix, May 27, 2013, 09:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

I don't think anyone had a similar engine to mine that day.  Alfa 159 2.4 JTDm, 125,000km and a bit constipated due to problems with the EGR valve and sooting up the intake manifold and swirl valves.  138hp @ 3461rpm, which Joe said was down a bit.  319.9Nm isn't bad, but I think when it's running better it gets on boost much earlier, backside dyno suggests the torque curve is much wider when healthy.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

AikenDrum105

Here's the Super's graph.   The stepping in the waveforms is due to the mixture over-richening in waves as it moved through the (badly setup) tuning bins,  the notch out of the peak of the waveforms is the same,  and the dropoff down the other side is the 10 deg. spark retard I had setup as a soft-limiter... you can see it in the vid.

The rpm on the graph is out by about 2-300 rpm.  (I figure they hold the engine at a certain RPM and take a sample on the dyno PC,  then hold it a little higher - take another sample, then interpolate the RPM scale during the run - rather than waste time hooking up an RPM sensor ?    just a guess..)

Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV

Adam Farrelly

Someone in charge just Email the Beninca's for the dyno software .dat file { top corner number} convert to a .csv file , then the raw data has been opened in excel and the graphs generated from there.
Don't all email the Beninca's for individual file as your be wasting there time... They have the fastest Alfa in Australia to build after all.

Would be a easier than trying to read the scanned / posted charts and 100% accurate { Well apart from RPM which is set from your tac at 4000rpm unless you connect your autronic / ECU directly to the dyno pc} . Then you can also do overlays , compare why the BMW's have more power than ALFA's etc.

That lollypop lady/man , crossing guard ,  traffic warden , traffic controller etc better have had the correct tickets for that job , work safe fine even if they had fluorescence jocks on.

Regards

Adam