1978 Alfetta Sedan, Le Mans blu

Started by Craig_m67, May 22, 2013, 06:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig_m67

1978 Alfa Romeo Sedan (le mans blu)
Vin: AR116560001966
Engine no; AR016230070794 (2 litre, dellortos, points ignition, non-aircon)
Previous reg; XFU 735

For personal reasons I was unable to enter the Shitbox rally this year.
As a result this vehicle urgently needs to go.

For context/transparency the vehicle is the subject of this thread >> http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=9240.0

I can't break the vehicle due to space and location limitations so if you want something (15" V4 Simmons) you need to take the whole thing.

Vehicle is unregistered but runs really well. Get a permit and drive it home or onto your trailer.
I drove it home non stop from Melbourne to Brisbane (20hrs) without significant issue.

Very clean tidy engine bay. Didn't burn any oil from memory. Doesn't and hasn't leaked any fluids. Starts, stops and drives really well BUT has been lowered far too much for old man daily use :)  Full height rear springs, original shocks and a spare set of rally wheels included as per linked thread.  Torsion bars are from a GTV (thicker). I'm told it has Bilsteins in the front (perhaps back) - Rides great. Includes a better sounding stereo than my 156, central locking on the front doors and is fitted with velour 156 front seats (comfy).

With the exception of a sticky starter solenoid and handbrake when hot everything works. Has factory second gear graunch, indeed from memory the gear change is 'fluid', bushes no doubt.  Exhaust looks recent, no leaks, sounds great. All gauges work. Previous owner has provided a reasonably detailed log book (mileage, fuel, services)

Some rust around rear windscreen and rear apron (behind wheels)
No rust around front windscreen (or sills/doors that I can see, quite surprising)
Significant ding bashed out on right rear corner - see pics - otherwise straight
No bumpers (as per thread photos)
Front windscreen has a 'patched' stone chip. I suspect windscreen fitted is not correct, it looks small.

Great colour, le mans blue, patchy and faded. Great patina actually this car has been loved and used I'd keep it for a race car if I had space.

Very clean car really, would make the basis of a good project or race car.
I'll post some additional recent pictures up a bit later

Offers on a post card over next fortnight otherwise it goes to Sims Metal
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Craig_m67

Sold pending collection, that was quick!
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

rowan_bris

Now for sale again minus the Simmons wheels.  Best offer over the next few days then off to Ebay!

Rowan
0411 596 437

17fitty

Thanks Rowan for a very well described Alfetta,
                                                                    It will be making a comeback on our sth east qld roads and maybe the odd trtack day.
Ill keep you posted
                             Cheers Carl

ItalCarGuy

Why am I not surprised you picked this up Carl! :P

rowan_bris

My pleasure Carl - I am still thinking about GTV6 wheels by the way, but a 24 valve engine is tempting too.  Richard mentioned you had picked up the 1.8 outside when I was over there doing a few things on the GTV6.

Mat Francis

Hey Carl,

Great to see you are going to keep this thing alive! I owe the majority of what I know about Alfettas to this car.

Will be following any progress with keen interest.

Cheers
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

simmi1983

That's funny as! Was just looking up some unrelated Alfetta bits and I stumbled across this picture on Google images and followed the link here.  I own it now! It's still alive, have just finished repairing some rust and did a head gasket on it. Replaced a guard and painted it too( don't look too closely!) Dyed the hood lining and carpet black and just came upstairs from replacing the door rubbers. About to get a roady and take it with me to far north coast Nsw in a month. It'll be cracking around the back roads in no time !! 

17fitty

Its looking good Simmi-glad your keeping it alive-as i did and other alfisti-i did a thread on it here from when i had it "shitbox fetta"and thats how it ended Qld was to do the shitbox rally by po.
See you on the rd/track some-square headlights rule