RACV Classic Showcase - Sun 21 April

Started by Sportscar Nut, April 14, 2013, 07:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportscar Nut

The Club is participating in the above display to be held at Flemington Racecourse. This year we will hold a tribute to the 900 Series with a small club Show'n Shine for that class only. Spettacolo rules apply. We have secured a display area and have few places remaining.

Be good to meet up and drive together as a club on the day to assist event organizers with vehicle control and AOMC managementdrive so plan is to meet at Maranelos at 8.20am for 8.30am departure! Club has tickets for $10 for those meeting at Maranelos or $15 at gate . This includes free Show'n Shine entry for 900 Series car. We will have our own designated display area in the Flemington Racecourse Members Car Park.

Upon booking, supply your name, member number, vehicle details and mobile number.

Cheers
Paul
0417 800 918

John Hanslow

I have 3 bookings from the Goldfields for 33's and another seperate booking from Melb.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

colcol

Hello John, put me down for a 84 33TI, 2nd owner for 27 years, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Miss Alfa Sprint

1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5L (Blue)
1989 Alfa 33 1.7 IE (Red)

To see my amazing photography visit http://www.marisagangemi.com/

colcol

Very good day, had about 13 Alfa Romeo's there on the day, lots of quality yacking on the day, and lots of interesting cars from other Marques to look at on the day, had a chat to people i hadn't seen for years, thanks to Paul O'Connor and John Hanslow for their organising the Alfa Romeo part of the event, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Evan Bottcher

Big thumbs up from me, I was surprised at what a large and varied display was there.  I didn't even know there WAS a Rootes Group Car Club!  I'll post some photos later.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Sportscar Nut

Great day and display of Alfas - thanks John and all who attended. Agree Evan about the Rootes club and what a variety of niche Euro & UK marks on display.

Was very impressed with the Hillman display (my great Aunt owned an immaculate automatic Hunter - speed of a turtle but kinda cool now I think back!).

Paul

colcol

The Hillman was a good brand, ruined by the Chrysler takeover, who rebadged well known brands to Chryslers, who would want to get involved with Chrysler?.....the Hillman hunter is stiil made in an war torn country and it is called the Peycan, pronounced Piecan, Colin.

Garibaldi

A great day was had by all. I have never seen so many amazing cars in one place. I'll definitely be there next year. Thank you Paul & John.

John Hanslow

Thanks to all of those involved.

Special thanks to the generous benefactor on the day who funded the trophies for Best in class Sud and also Best in class 33.

Winners - 33 Colin Thomas and Sud Paul O'Connor.

Great atmosphere and next year I will bring a folding chair and a shade tent.

Mal went off and purchased another real Saab (pre GM) as apparently the post 2002/2003 models are all Vectras !

The Detomaso Mangusta was a real eye catcher and as for Rootes Group - who could forget my uncles Humber Super Snipe.

Look forward to photos Paul.

Anyone have an Alfa theme for next year ?

Cheers
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

colcol

Next years Alfa Romeo theme will be 30 years of the twin carb 33 TI, due to the large numbers of 33's entered this year we may have to limit to a specific model as we only have about 12 spaces, looking at one of the video's playing about the British car indutry in England in the 1960's, they were showing a clip of all the cars being assembled,  the Austin factory at Longbridge, the Morris factory at Oxford, Hillman factory at Coventry, then they went to Crewe where they were assembling Rolls Royces and all the craftsman putting them together were wearing ties!, you can just imagine it, the works manager saying, "quick lads, the film crew are here, all put on your ties", got a chuckle out off the assembled audience, Colin.

Backto105

Thanks for the Chrysler comment Col..... FIAT seems to be happy being involved with Chrysler and put a Lancia badge on it.... which are really Mercede Benz... gets very confusing!!

Might have to put a Lancia grille on mine and bring it next year!
Mark Patane
Current
1750 GTV SII TS (105) (French Blue)
2000 GTV (105) (Dutch Blue)
2000 S2 Spider (105) (Med Blue)
1963 Jaguar Mk2 (Golden Sand)
1960 MGA (Old English White)
1985 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign (Clarendon Blue)
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Conv (Sapphire Silver Blue)
2013 Jaguar XJ (Rhodium Silver