AROCA Winton Sprint 30th March Entry form and Supp regs

Started by Neil Choi, February 09, 2008, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Gould

Justin

Neil & I made the decision that we will move to dorians for the timing from Sandown. Spending some time in the timing tower tapping the button gives a very clear indication of how much the manual system sucks. I've taken photos & dimensions of the dorians and I'll publish this in the next week so everyone can see them and figure out how to fit them. The units that we will use are different from those used for the 6 - hour which are no longer available.

Doug
08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle

Justin Jacobs

Thanks Doug and Neil for making the move to dorian based timing . I under stand the main aim is enjoy the driving and to have new faces attending . The stop watch is a big factor however as the crowds around the freshly posted run sheets attests . Great move gents !
Winton was the smoothest sprint i have attended with the likes of Brian Canny , the two youngest Arrons boys and a whole host of other volunteers carring the weight of organizing . Cheers to you all . JJ .

Justin Jacobs

Alan from point of view of getting new people involved then of coarse what class they fit into is not an issue . We may need to do a bit more on the communication front going forward . As new entrants turn up for second and third sprints then it can be pointed out at scruitineering what mods may be doing to the class they should run in . Its all fun , but even more fun to know how your measuring up to fellow compeditors ! Thats my 10 cents worth . JJ .

Alan Hopla

Justin,

Yes it is all fun. I'm really just out to see how I am improving (or not).
I tend to look at the times of a few other competitors for comparison.
For instance you are always substantially quicker than me, but your dad seems to run at about my pace.
This gives me an idea at a new track whether I've got any idea of the right lines etc.

The dorians should eliminate any 'fast' laps due to human error.
I hope this doesn't slow down my best times by too much!

Alan.
Alan Hopla
77' 116GTV
83' 116GTV TwinSpark
04' GT 3.2 V6, Stromboli Grey

Ray Pignataro

Note to Brad ,Jim is selling his race car. The arrive and drive day worked a treat for your brother.I was wondering, If you brought Jims car and promise{fingers crossed} not to go faster can we all have a drive?Please give this some thought thanks Ray.

Scott Farquharson

Quote from: Justin Jacobs on April 02, 2008, 12:15:08 PM
Alan from point of view of getting new people involved then of coarse what class they fit into is not an issue . We may need to do a bit more on the communication front going forward . As new entrants turn up for second and third sprints then it can be pointed out at scruitineering what mods may be doing to the class they should run in . Its all fun , but even more fun to know how your measuring up to fellow compeditors ! Thats my 10 cents worth . JJ .
All competitors should complete a annual declaration stating the modifications made to the car (should be available for download on the site) which is then provided to the Comp Sec and the class is then determined.  If you haven't done this then i suggest you do.  It probably hasn't been enforced as much over the past couple of years with the regular group knowing which class they are in, with new competitors is should be done as it does do away with any confusion and puts everyone on the same even playing field.   

Neil, maybe you should send it out with the next set of sup-regs?
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)