2013 AROCA Sprint Round 2 at Phillip Island April 20 Saturday

Started by Neil Choi, March 06, 2013, 08:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Just a reminder that our next sprint event will be at Phillip Island on Saturday 20 April.

I am expecting it to be very well attended, so start planning now.

However, I will not be doing documents until next week due to PI Classic this weekend.

Anyone who want to officiate (for a free soggy salad roll), please contact me to tell me what role you want.

Neil Choi

Please find attached the Supp Regs and Entry form to the AROCA PI 20 April sprint.

I should warn you if entering to enter early as I expect it to fill up very quickly.

First come first serve.

Also three important notes:

New ROPS padding requirements, see the associated thread.
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=10357.0

Cars not driven to the track are not to start ENGINE before 9am, ie race engines and noisy engines.  Doing so will have you send home without even touching the tarmac and no refund.  This is a Phillip Island Circuit rule and a council law which AROCA has to abide by.

Cars exceeding the 75 dB noise limit will be given only one chance to quieten down otherwise you will not be allow onto track again and ends your day.

Neil Choi

Forgot to mention.

We will be having an INSTRUCTIONAL session for novice, junior, lady and beginning drivers.  This session is slower than normal due to its nature and to provide a safe and non-intimidating environment for the drivers to learn and build confidence on the track.  An instructor will be provided to assist throughout each session.

Contact me if you are interested in participating in this group.

Neil Choi

I have paid the bribe to the weather god and our Phillip Island day will be bathed in sun shine and kind cool and dry weather.

About 250 people expected to attend.  Over 60 club members are entered with over 50 Alfa's ranging from 147 GTA, 156 TS, a variety of beautifully prepared 105's including Giulia Super's, and Alfetta GTV's (4's and 6's), competitive Historic Group S race cars, some highly tuned Alfetta GTV's, and several strong Alfa 75's, all out to perform and drop those 2's off their PB's following $3M spent on track resurfacing.

So take a cruisey drive down in the morning, enjoy morning tea and lunch at the track and watch the Alfa's go around and around, catch up with members. 

See you all at the Island.

Neil

alfagtv58

I was keen to enter this, then I realised it was on my 10th wedding anniversary!  Probably best I don't attend then.....Have fun everyone & stay safe!
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Evan Bottcher

I missed the six-hour in 2010 because 10-year anniversary. I've made up for it since, as Neil keeps scheduling the six-hour for our anniversary every year, and I haven't missed it again!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

AikenDrum105

I had a brilliant time making a racket around the island with the Super on the weekend.  Especially appreciate Steve A. taking the time to shepherd me around for a few sessions - learnt heaps,  went faster.  Full of Win !

Spoke to a few of the folks in other makes of car (those AE86/BRZs look like a hoot)  and they all went out of their way to compliment the Alfa event organisers, one saying they look forward to these more than their own club events...  Better run,  more time on track,  felt safer when going slower than the pack etc..

Cheers,
Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV

Neil Choi

Once again we were blessed with excellent weather at PI and a great day was had by all.

The people to thank are:

The three A's, Adrian Huntley, Alan Hopla and Alister Grigg
The B's, Bruno Colautti, Evan Bottcher,
Thanks to Ross Flood, Peter Game, Richard East, Dominique Chaleyer, Craig Sinclair, Paul Bischel, Max Lloyd, Mick Aarons, Phil Aarons, Steve Aarons, Hung Do, Allan Goodall and all the instructors and scrutineers who help run the day.  Thanks to you all, the day ran like clockwork.

Of course, there will be someone I have missed, my apologies, please contact me and I will make amends.

Many achieving PB's, with each completing close to 30 laps.  Great value. 

So fantastic machineries, many many fabulous Alfa's and MX5's, and a pair of Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ.

My thanks to all.

See you all at Sandown.

Regards
Neil