Started by alfagtv58, March 14, 2013, 10:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv58

This year Queensland!  8)

Where: QLD Raceway - Sprint Circuit.
When: 10/11 August 2013.

See attached for more details.

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Enforcer

Yes, and it looks like it could be a stampede... book your room and then enter by transferring $280 to the VRA Bank account with your name in the reference field:

Account Name:        Veloce Racing Association Inc.
Bank:                          ANZ
BSB:                           012 055
Account number:        252147076

If you only run one event this year, make this the one AASA and CAMS licences accepted.

Regds
73 Nc 2000 GTV
77 GTV Race
76 Gp C A'Delta GTAm 3 x HF 1000
68 GTV
76 GTAm
12 Giulietta QV Race
74 2L Berlina A
75 GTV
75 Spider
85 GTV6
89/75 TS x 3
70 Fairlane
72 Lotus Europa
74 F350 Pano
76 HX S'man
80 Volvo 240 Rally
12 159 Q4
2020 Stelvio (Hers)
2019 Colorado (Mulo)
07 Iveco transporter

magraith

G'day Guys,

Is there likely to be practice on the Friday?

Matt.

giulia_veloce

You dont need practice Matt
You can learn the track on Sat + Sun.
I will do the practice on the Friday so I can keep up with your taillights= hopefully.

There is usually practice at most circuits on the Friday for most major race meetings.
Dont let practice get in the way of food,chats.etc

Time for John Hollywood  P to get new tyres,,cause I need his old ones.
His last ones lasted me many race meetings ,,from Alfa Island in 2010,3 Easten Creeks.Winton East Coast Challenge and a few Wakefields.
Bugger changeing tyres,,I will just take the whole car.

If the 75 lasts this Qld event,,,Bill  Enforcer + I are going to double enter it at the Winton 6hr.

magraith

No "short back and sides" this time Robert. 

Can you fit another side mirror to my car so I can see you coming through?

giulia_veloce

After I dyno your car next week,,i will be chasing your tail lights Matt
Not good when customer cars are faster than your own,but there are many reasons for this.
As Billy says about the 75= If you put new tyres and add some HP to that standard engine,we are all in trouble.
At the moment and a long time ahead= add fuel + customers old tyres (John hollywood P) ,and Robbie is happy.
Funny vid= Short back n sides
Maybe you should put that vid on here for all to see.
I must have watched it about 100 times by now.
Anyway,Veloce raceing is fun
When the fun stops= find a Pub
I havent found a Pub yet= still dont drink.
Bring on Qld raceway in August.

magraith

Rob,

"Short Back and Sides" has had loads of views?  Are they all you?  Fairly busy start for the Rookie! Loads to learn.

Clip below

See you in August.

Neil Choi

Excuse my ignorance, can someone with knowledge explain the Sud's Sudden Auto Turning System came on at turn 2.

Waiting to hear with enlightenment.

Neil Choi

Torque steer?  Is it?

I have never driven a Sud.

giulia_veloce

Hey Neil

Cant tell you  here why it did it cause if he fixes it,,he will go faster than you
pm sent

giulia_veloce

Just watched the start of the race another 5 times this morning,
Gets me in the work mood.

Robert

Spada

Hi Matt,

That clip has become part of VRA folklore. As the new kid, I have been told about it numerous times by those that were in attendance (no names but no prizes for guessing ;) who they are).

105 2L Group Sc Racer - FOR SALE
147 Twin Spark Racer - Converted to scrap metal
147 GTA - Racer build in progress
147 Twin Spark - Waiting to become a racer

alfa duk

Guys, been a bit quiet on this topic considering it is the major Alfa race this year. With 20+ already paid up, should be a great weekend. Duk
85 gtv6 dead, cant let go
84 gtv6 24 valve VRA spec
84 gtv6 andalusia
80 gtv group s

hammer

Yeah Duk, can't wait to catch up with you cockroaches. I've entered the Alfasud Sprint chase car. It'll be the slowest car there but I plan to emulate that great Aussie sporting success story Stephen Bradbury.

In all honesty though, the sprint's off to the suspension shop next week for a new set of rear springs and a bit of ride height adjusting to hopefully pull out a bit of his nasty understeer. That way I should only have to touch the brakes twice per lap on the QR sprint circuit. You need all the momentum you can carry when you have all of 90hp!

See you boys in August. Let the cane toads loose!!

Evan Bottcher

Wish I could be there this year, but too many excuses.  I had an absolute blast last year, and really do plan to do another ECC as soon as I can.  Who's going up from Vic?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal