Brake lines and fittings.

Started by Storm_X, March 11, 2013, 02:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storm_X

I would just like to know what size brake tubing a 116 uses, and also what thread the brake fittings are.
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

Storm_X

Fylnn

If you go to Repco and get their standard brake line, "steel bundy tube" it is called.  Not sure if there is a larger size, but take a piece and they will get it right.  The brake nuts are M10 from memory.  Not sure what thread pitch M10 x 1.0 or M10 x 1.25.  Just reused the ones I had but look on Ebay or go talk to a brake shop. 

Storm_X

I will be ordering some bundy line off the Internet but I'm not sure what size I will need. I'm doing all the lines my self as I've got a Nissan brake master and Nissan brakes . Most of the fittings I am reusin if I can.

Beatle

Don't Alfas have double flared ends on the tube?
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd
'04 GT 3.2 Rosso/Tan - Glorious
'02 156 V6 Auto Rosso/Tan - Useful daily

Storm_X

I haven't really had a good look yet, but the Nissan and Alfa flairs are different .

I'm just going to use 3/16 tubing, but I'm still trying to find the thread sizing.

Beatle

Mate, buy a cheap electronic vernier caliper.  One of my most used tools for all manner of jobs.   You can quickly measure thread diameter and pitch.

I had a look at AlfaBB and it looks like there are at least two types of double flare used on the 105 series cars (double and bubble flare?).

I'd say the 116 is likely better standardised (famous last words) but it also depends on what the pipe connects to as to what type of flare it has.
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd
'04 GT 3.2 Rosso/Tan - Glorious
'02 156 V6 Auto Rosso/Tan - Useful daily

Storm_X

Once I receive my fairing tool it will have a few options of fairing ends to choose from.

Also I know that the Nissan threads are the same as I have tried them my self , but I just found out that are m10x1.