New member, old Alfa + pictures

Started by 1750GTV, January 26, 2008, 08:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1750GTV

Hi, I've just joined and am posting this message just to introduce myself. I own a 1970 Giallo Ocra Series 2 1750GTV. It is currently in bits though I hope to have it back on the road in the next month or two. Most of the mechanical work I've done myself and the body work will be carried out by a professional.
Happy Australia Day,
Chris  :)
1957 Giulietta Spider (750D)
1968 Fiat 500F
1970 1750GTV

alfagtv58

Hi Chris...I have only just spotted this post, your car is looking a treat, you must be wrapped!  Wait for the door handles, lights, trim etc to go back on, it will look a milllion bucks.

Post some more photos as you go.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Scott Farquharson

Looks great - the 1750 was by far the best looking 105.
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Colin Byrne

Yea nice one Chris, is it going to be purely a road car or will we see it out on the track as well?

QuoteLooks great - the 1750 was by far the best looking 105.

careful Scott your going to start an argument, especially when Branko sees this ;D
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

1750GTV

Thanks for the kind encouragement and yeah, I'm a bit partial to the Bertone models - particularly the 1750GTVs. This car has a very straight, virtually rustfree body with original (looks good from a distance) paintwork. It's been garaged most of its life. Eventually it'll need a repaint but I thought I'd get the mechanicals right first - I can only really afford to do one or the other. It'll be off to the panelbeaters soon to get some minor rust fixed (couple of bubbles around the door handles) and to have a cut & polish. I will reassemble it after I get some new carpets cut to the original pattern. Unfortunately my racing pedigree only extends as far as watching Bathurst on the box, so it will only be a street car. You'd hate me on the track anyway, as I think I'd drive as slowly as James May from Top Gear.
I'll keep the photos coming as the rejuvenation continues.
Regards to all,
Chris

PS: Apart from this car the only other Alfa I've owned was a 2600 Sprint some years ago. With aftermarket triple Webers and a straight through exhaust it made a hell of a noise, but really was very slow on its metric Michelins ...
Some day I'll buy myself a 1750 Duetto to go with the GTV. Ahh dreams .....
1957 Giulietta Spider (750D)
1968 Fiat 500F
1970 1750GTV