My New Alfa!

Started by BundySean, February 17, 2013, 03:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AikenDrum105

Quote from: 1750GTV on February 18, 2013, 09:56:12 AM
.... you could replace it with the sweetest of them all, a 1750 :) 

.... as an interim solution until the Twin Spark conversion is ready   ;D
Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV

BundySean

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and ideas.

I am going to enjoy this little beauty, hopefully using her as an almost daily driver. I have other options but both not as much fun!

Pedro69, I going to get in touch and hopefuly impose on you again to look her over for me. And flood wise not too bad, 25cm short of coming inside, yard, pool and power was a mess though. Mostly good by now and my new Alfa will compensate.  :)

Sean

BundySean

Quote from: Derek Entesano on February 17, 2013, 05:22:28 PM
I'm gonna take a guess and say it was built in early October 67. You can find out for sure by sending an email the the Alfa Archives. I have documented how to, here:
http://www.alfa-male.com/general_alfa/finding-out-about-your-alfas-early-history/

Well Derek, you are a canny Alfa numbers man! Just a few days out, or perhaps spot on when you consider when the first owner took delivery.

Dear Mister Davie,

with reference to your request we are informing you as follows.

According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 299652 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce RHD (105.37), manufactured on the 25th September 1967 and sold on the 29th September 1967 to Addison Motors, Australia.

The body colour is hawthorn white.

Evan Bottcher

Where was Addison motors? That's a new one to me...
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

BundySean

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on February 24, 2013, 09:38:14 AM
Where was Addison motors? That's a new one to me...

After some poking about I found this link...

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=6403.0

So perhaps she came from Adelaide, that would fit with what the PO said, he got it from South Australia.

Sean

mof105

great well done sean, really nice combo car..great motoring!

DaveT

Well there you go, mine was sold by Addison Motors as well and is also Hawthorn white:

Dear Mister Thomas,

with reference to your request we are informing you as follows.

According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 298782 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce RHD (105.37), manufactured on the 20th January 1967 and sold on the 21st February 1967 to Addison Motors Ltd., Adelaide, Australia.
The body colour is hawthorn white (AR 013), with leather skai interiors.

Even more of a coincidence, mine was sold on the same day at Addison Motors as Phil's: http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=6403.0

Perhaps they were overstocked with Hawthorn white Sprint GTV's and had a special on that day!

Here's Bertie on one of his sneaky outings:

And here's a pic I found of the Addison Motors dealership:

DaveT & Bertie - 67 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce

Previous belligerent Italians:
92 Alfa 164
72 BS Fiat Spider
69 Fiat 124 AC Coupe
70 Fiat 124 BC Coupe

Joe Garra

That's interesting, we've gone full circle with Chrysler dealers selling Alfas again!  (although strictly speaking it is now FIAT selling Chryslers)
Now: 164Q
        Giulietta QV
Before : 75
            33 16V
            Sud Ti
            99 Spider
            156 Wagon
            159 Wagon

BundySean

Quote from: mof105 on February 27, 2013, 09:57:05 PM
great well done sean, really nice combo car..great motoring!

Thanks, I do like the colour combo, even if it is not original!

Thanks for the info on the history of the other Sprints. The dealership pic was cool. Shame that Chrysler had top billing in the signage and floor space. Were there any Alfas in there in 1965?

Bertie looks cool, but what's with the unicorns?  ???

Davidm1600

Hey Sean as all have commented, have to agree well done on being patient. You sure have been rewarded. Take care of that beauty, as I am sure you will. Enjoy those spirited drives when possible, it is what they were designed to do. A Nardi Classico or original wheel would look/feel great. But apart from that I wouldn't be too bothered by other matters. I actually am looking forward to building up my 1600 for my Super, with tweaks. I like all the range if engine sizes, each have their character. Nice colour combo too. Cheers mate dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina