Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 TS engine removal

Started by Cool Jesus, January 19, 2013, 12:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

Great work, the upper control arms are an interesting job, nice the way the top mount comes out so you can change the control arm on a bench, i hope you replaced the bolts on the control arms, some don't, you can eliminate noise and slop with new pivot bolts, what sort of top arms did you use?, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Mr156_2.0

The Standard suspension feels great. Handles great and is not to hard on the back. So that's what I put. Bilstein b2 struts and upper control arms. Yes I changed the bolts and reversed them so I can take them out without pulling the whole suspension out next time. From standard they are obviously put together then installed with the strut complete. You can tell by the way the bolts are in.
"Alfa build cars to be the best a car can be......briefly" Jeremy Clarkson Top Gear.

Cool Jesus

It may take longer than at the mechanics, but there's no feeling like having done it yourself and saved an absolute motza in $$$. Well, maybe there are one or two better feelings, but its pretty awesome to be able to say (Like that old soup add decades ago) I made that  :o
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

Mr156_2.0

Auto mods quoted me $3500 as an estimate. Just labour. I was quoted $2800 by a mob in seven hills and another mechanic refused to touch it all together. So I said stuff it I'll do it myself! I either get chiseled out of 3 G's or bite the bullet..... So I bit it and hard.
"Alfa build cars to be the best a car can be......briefly" Jeremy Clarkson Top Gear.

colcol

And when it all worked, and you went for a drive, how long before you managed to wipe the stupid grin off your face?, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Mr156_2.0