HELP ONLY BEEN AN OWNER FOR FOR 5 MONTHS

Started by Kriptylr, December 13, 2012, 06:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kriptylr

I found the receipt and yes they charged me $157.30 to read the code and the code was P0420. They reset it and said it might be the catlyst converter or someting like that. I have the number for the guy in Ballarat and will call him tomorrow as no answer must be on holidays over the season.

Cheers

John Hanslow

QuoteAlso forgot to add- I live on a property about 60 km from Geelong- Last week had pulled over to talk with a local sat in car for about 30 minutes chatting went to start car and wouldnt turn over- as farmers do he had a battery pack and he started the car up and it went sweet he said the battery was fuly charged and thought a wire might have slipped.

Quotethis may not be the cause of your problems but dodgy batter can cause a lot of electronics related problems. Do you know how old is the battery in the car ?

Branko has a point, battery issues can lead to a host of engine management failures, misfiring, aircon woes, system failures and stuff the selespeed due to lack of power in operation damaging the gearbox.

Check out the battery with a professional and change it asap.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Davidm1600

That is perfectly true, as I too have been there. Have a nice new powerful battery now and yet still am having exactly the same problems as per before. So, and before going down the Cat replacement road, I will have Lambda sensor no. 4 replaced. I have it so may as well try this. I would suggest you to look into this. Re being charged over $150 to read the codes, I am sorry for you. IMHO you have been ripped off. The job takes but literally a few minutes. I know this as I have seen it done enough times now. My view it should be free of charge. Good luck in getting your car sorted.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina