Hello all from Perth

Started by 86ALFA, December 28, 2012, 05:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

86ALFA

Hi Guys,

Well, after almost 15 years of umming & arring I have finally taken the plunge and purchased my first Alfa - 1986 GTV6 and loving it!
The car has had quite a few things done to it - trying to work out what all the extra cables / mods are for etc ???.
With the purchase I also inherited a spare overhauled gearbox (I was told from a 75 Twinspark), 3 x original rims and a set of original exhaust headers.  If anyone is interested please email me I will put the details, pics etc in teh buy sell section.

Thanks     

Brad M

Welcome!

Spotted a GTV6 in Osbourne Park yesterday ... I'm just on holidays visiting family.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

alanm

Hello 86,

Congratulations on the purchase of your GTV6, I am sure it will bring you much joy.
I have had my GTV6 for 5 years or so and it's been fabulous.

Some things that I have learnt that might be useful to you.

If you need parts i can recommend EB Spares and Highwood Alfa in the UK.
If your coolant expansion tank leaks go straight to International Auto Parts in the US and buy the aluminium tank.
If your car ever starts on less than 6 cylinders, don't worry it's just an oily plug. I am no expert but I think the head design is such that oil that weeps out of the valve cover gaskets finds its way down the plug threads. A factory plug tool (came with the cars tool kit) is handy as it has 2 joints and can negotiate the brake master cylinder to remove the plug on cylinder 6.

If you have no record of a cam belt change in the last 4 years or so, try to factor that in the near future.

Please don't get the impression that the GTV6 is a fragile car, I think they are actually very robust!
Please post some pics!

Cheers
Alan
Present
1987 75 TS Rosso
2001 GTV V6 Nero
2001 156 V6 Monza Rosso
Past
1986 GTV6 Grand Prix
1988 33

86ALFA

Hi Alan,

Thanks for information. Already headed to the recomended sites chasing an Air con relay.
I will upload some pics shortly

Cheers
Peter 

ACE

Hi Mike (oops!) Peter & welcome to Alfa custodianship.

Re A/C relay for the GTV6, info in this thread may help:
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=8112.15

Good luck