AROCA 6 hr Relay at Winton

Started by Neil Choi, February 16, 2008, 05:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Looking for a couple of Alfa members/drivers with Alfa's to join a team of Alfa's.

Any alfisti's interested, contact me on 0433 11 66 47 or email neil_choi@optusnet.com.au

Neil

PS 6 hr info night next Thursday 4th September at Bell's Hotel, starts 7:30pm or when I have finish my side of cow.

Big Trev

Come on Neil, I need you to start on time, keep it brief so that I can get home back to Shepparton reasonably early -  ;D ;D

Big Trev

Thanks for finishing at a respectable hour last night Neil (and team)  ;D

ian bennett

you probably got home before the pubs closed there
ian :P

Big Trev

Not quite, but I did get home before midnight  ;D

Neil Choi

Hi there all

Pleased to inform all that the AROCA 6 hr 2008 has reached a full field of over 40 teams.

So the event is full and cannot accept any more entries.

Fantastic show of support from the car clubs, really stamps AROCA 6 hr as the best grass roots club level motorsport event in the state.

Also over 20 business are supporting the event, list will be published shortly, they will contribute to helping the officials and volunteers of the event.

Looking forward to a fabulous weekend of club motorsport fun and competition.

Regards
Neil

Neil Choi

Dear Team Managers, Team Volunteers and competitors,

Only 4 weeks away from what is expected to be a fantastic weekend of grass roots club level competition, an absolutely full
field, well oversubscribed 2 months out and tremendously supported, thank you to you all.  Organizationally, I think
it is all coming together and everyone on the committee is working hard to make it a successful and well organized and run event.  It is also good to catch up with all the competitors who we see possibly only once a year.

Please find attached the entrants list which includes your team number, your race number and your garage allocation.

Garage allocation is as follows: facing the rear of the double garage, Garage 1 is the one on the left, 1A is on the right.  Or from the timing tower, the order is 1, 1A, 2, 2A, 3, 3A etc.

You can order race numbers from Jeff Smith (instasign@three.com.au) or 0417 319 200, the numbers can be collected at Winton. 
You need numbers on both sides of the car and on the top left hand corner of your windscreen (in day-glo orange), refer to the supp regs

AROCA has arranged for the Functions Centre at Turn One of the circuit be available for all spectators and teams.  You are most welcome to make use of this facility.  There will be tables and chairs, and umbrellas for shelter.  It is certainly an excellent viewing venue rather than being behind the pits and garages, therefore I encourage you all to use this facility.  Great place for the kids and family groups.  Encourage all your club members to come up with their family.

AROCA ais organizing event shirts and caps, they will be available for sale, inexpensive and something to remember the event by.  So please bring some cash up and support the event.

Maree and Mary will be conducting a raffle with lots of goodies in several hampers.  So don't be surprised if they come to you with tickets for sale.

In the coming week:

I will be sending out the volunteers' roster, the team volunteer will be reporting to the Volunteers Coordinators and then performing the allocated duty at the specified time.  Don't worry too much, the duty isn't too arduous and will only be for 1-2 hr for the weekend.

I will be sending out the manager's kit in electronic form and paper form can be collected at check in. 

Attached is the drivers check-in procedure and drivers' briefing sign-in procedure.  Also a scrutineering queue protocol.  Please be familiar with these procedures to make things run smoother, especially on Saturday morning.

I would like to thank all the supporters of the event, who are as listed ALFA-betically. 
Without their support, the event will not be the same.  I would encourage all competitors to support these businesses.

Alfa Romeo Australia
Angoves
Bell Motorsport
Fastman Consulting and Solutions
Ken Tame Pty Ltd
Lance Dixon
Maranello Motors
Mauceri Motors
Meridian Motorsport
Milano Spares
Monza Motors
Nesci Transport
Oceanic Food
PACE Engineering
Race Components + Elf
RDA + EBC
Robert Lane
Stuckey Tyres
Test Trak + Asthma Foundation
Weltmeister
Zagame

Best Regards
Neil Choi and the 6 hr committee

ian bennett

hi all
i was speaking with adriene hurst  [editor of australian classic car magazine ]
about the six hour  , if all the teams that are interested  could submit  a short story ,along with photos  by the following tuesday  she will do a story
about the six hour and  the teams the ,photos should be  in disk format and sent to   . level 1. 9 george st north strathfield NSW 2137
cheers
ian ::)

Neil Choi

Hi there all

AROCA Vic is proud to announce the following sponsors and supporters of the 2008 AROCA 6 hr at Winton

Naming Sponsor

Alfa Romeo Owners Club Australia Victoria

Major Sponsor

Alfa Romeo Australia

Supporters

Angoves
Bell Motorsport
Carrera Motors
Fastman Consulting and Solutions
Jardine Lloyd Thompson
Ken Tame and Associates
Lance Dixon
Maranello Motors
Mauceri Motors
Meridian Motorsport
Milano Spares
Monza Motors
Nesci Transport
Oceanic Food
PACE Engineering
Race Components + Elf
RDA + EBC
Robert Lane
Stuckey Tyres
Test Trak + Asthma Foundation
Weltmeister
Zagame

Neil

Colin Byrne

Hi guys, was reading the supp regs again (couldn't sleep!) and came across this under 5.10 Communication in the pits.

" Many pits have TV connection points that allow access to the event timing."

Is it still planned to have this system up and running? What sort of information will be available, is it lap times from the timing system of the cars on the track that will be displayed or is it an updated event schedule?  Worth bringing a TV up?
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

Neil Choi

Hi Colin

Probably worth bringing up a TV if you like and have room.

From what I saw, you can plug the aerial/receiver and have laptime updates from the timing system.

Neil

Adam Ronke

Last year I had the plasma tv in the garage with the times, it was not that useful just interesting.  We mainly had it setup for whoever was sitting in the car waiting to go out could watch what was going on.

All you need is your TV and your standard TV coax cable.  It tells you the fastest lap for each car and the last lap time for each car. 

Colin Byrne

Yea that could definatly be interesting for people in the pit, thanks for the info guys
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

Brett

Just a few more sleeps to go....... :)

Neil Choi

Funny you say that, no sleep for me and a few others!!!!!!!!!

Hope it all comes together well, fingers and toes crossed.

Neil