thievery warning - turns out just a mistake...

Started by poohbah, February 05, 2023, 03:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poohbah

Woke up this morning to discover that some low-life has pinched all 4 jacking point covers from the side skirts on my 156 GTA, while it was parked in my driveway overnight.

So please be alert to anyone who miraculously has OEM covers available for sale - and message me to let me know.

Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

cc

only a lily livered hyundai driver would do such a thing.

poohbah

Yes, I can not seriously imagine any self-respecting Alfa owner would do such a thing to a fellow Alfisti.

But if there is such a rogue out there I hope their ECU fails...
            1981 GTV

bazzbazz

Quote from: poohbah on February 05, 2023, 05:45:31 PM
But if there is such a rogue out there I hope their ECU fails...

Brave man . . . . . usually just uttering such words opens one up to the gods sick sense of humour . . .  :o
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

poohbah

The world is back in balance.

Had a stroke of good luck. My car was in the workshop last week for a service. As unlikely as it seemed that I wouldn't have noticed the panels missing when I drove off, I got in touch with the workshop to check if maybe they'd been removed and someone had forgotten to put them back.

Lo and behold, the apprentice had picked them up and didn't know what car they were from, so put 'em in a box to one side but then forgot about them. I still can't believe I didn't notice they were gone when I collected the car or for the next couple of days.

So I will now have a set of spares when the 3D printed ones arrive shortly.

1981 GTV

bazzbazz

I do believe someone owes the universe an apology.   ;D

It could be worse, you could have taken them off at sometime and put them in a box in the corner of the garage . . . . .
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

poohbah

Hopefully the $500 I spent directly as a result of suspecting foul play is the universe's revenge.

That is $300 for the replacement covers (inc shipping) I ordered and $200 for the wireless security camera I have now rigged up to cover the front of the house.

Looking at it more positively, at least both are sensible investments for the future.
            1981 GTV

bazzbazz

Quote from: poohbah on February 06, 2023, 04:40:48 PM
Hopefully the $500 I spent directly as a result of suspecting foul play is the universe's revenge.

Ha, not even close, all I can say is keep your fire extinguisher handy.   :o
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

MD

Sleeping with a clear conscience knowing that all is well with the world has to be worth the money poohbah.
Coming clean on the Forum has you now in Brownie Credits points.  ;D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

poohbah

Cheers MD

Also puts me back on track of "things to do" on both cars. Have slowly been ticking them off. In last couple of months, I've got GTA's AC fixed and I replaced the dead LCD screen, next job will be rims refurbishment, then headliner.

Meanwhile, I'm awaiting news that my newly fabricated radiator for the '81 GTV is ready for pick up and also need to get onto removing the old carbie mounts. Those nuts retaining the carbs, and the ones holding the inlet manifold are an absolute bugger to undo. I stopped last attempt in fear of snapping the studs.
            1981 GTV