Recent posts

Buy/Swap/Sell [Announce ONLY] / Giulia Sprint GT Veloce parts ...
Last post by Anth73 - May 25, 2024, 02:41:23 PM
Selling a number of hard to find Giulia Sprint GT Veloce parts. Many of these parts were sourced from overseas. Please contact me via SMS on 0408 408 259 for further details, pricing and photos. Available seperately or will consider bulk purchase with the 1966 GT Veloce shell I am also selling.

Body Parts / Trims:

1. Stepnose used bonnet in good condition
2. Early series used bootlid in good condition (two available)
3. L/H door
4. R/H door
5. Original Veloce badge (two available)
6. Quadrifolgio C-Pillar badges (original Bomisa badges in NOS condition)
7. Clutch cable mount (often missing under the diver side floorpan)
8. RHD pedal box (correct specification for cable clutch cars)
9. Original GT Veloce front grille and side trims in excellent condition
10. Front bumper in excellent condition
11. Rear bumper in very good condition
12. Rear bumper in fair condition missing L/H side piece but includes license plate light mount

Engine / Gearbox / Drivetrain:

1. Period correct AR00536 1600cc engine block, sump, crankshaft, cylinder head (factory thickness), connecting rods, camshafts, inlet manifold and cam cover
2. Period correct Weber 40 DCOE 27 carburettors (pair) ready for overhaul
3. Period correct 5-speed gearbox for cable clutch cars and 9/41 diff ratio
4. Front uprights / stub axles with period correct small ATE brake calipers as homologated for Sprint GT Veloce production from Autumn 1966
5. Rear axle with correct 9/41 diff ratio and ATE brake calipers
6. Correct specification GT Veloce propshaft in need of refurbishement
7. Period correct early style rear T-bar (one refurbished and painted, one ready for refurbishment)

Interior:

1. GT Veloce front seats complete with seat rails, mounting hardware, adjustment knob and plastic trim cover for the side hinge. Ready for restoration and retrimming in your preferred colour - Payment pending
2. GT Veloce rear seat ready for retrimming in your preferred colour. Note that later rear seats from the 1750 onwards do not fit the earlier stepnose coupes. - Payment pending
3. GT Veloce front door cars and rear inner panels in good condition ready for retrimming in your preferred colour.
4. GT Veloce dashboard complete with the hard to find stainless steel trims plus a near complete spare dashboard. Ready for restoration.
5. GT Veloce 38 cm three spoke steering wheel in excellent condition
6. Full set of metric Veglia instruments with Italian script

Thanks,
Anthony
Buy/Swap/Sell [Announce ONLY] / 1966 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint ...
Last post by Anth73 - May 25, 2024, 02:01:12 PM
For sale is a rare Australian delivered 1966 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce stepnose shell with doors and door glass. It is on a frame, has been blasted and rust cutout but requires extensive repairs.

The good: One of approximately 300 Alfa Romeos sold in Australia in 1966 and one of only 1407 ever made in RHD with certified Australian delivery from Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo. Originally white with tan interior. Restored GT Veloces are now in excess of $100K.

The bad: The shell requires extensive repairs and replacement panels e.g. floor, sills, boot, front clip, front and rear quarter panels, windscreen scuttle. This will cost a lot of money for a bodyshop to do. This project is possibly best suited to a passionate Alfisto with metalwork skills to do the work themselves.

I will also be listing an extensive inventory of hard to find spare parts I accumulated with the intention to restore the car to its former glory given its rarity. This includes the RHD specific pedals for cable clutch cars.

Please contact me via SMS on 0408 408 259 for further details, pricing and photos.

Thanks,
Anthony
Does anyone know if there is a repair pigtail to fit the 3 pin temperature sensor fitted to the gtv. ( the male plug attached to the engine wiring loom ).
Totally Alfa sell one for the 4 pin plug.

Regards.
Bob.
The blue 156 v6 developed a leak in the upper small heater hose and after a lot of enquiry. The replacement part is no longer available and i havent been able to find a local manufacturer to make the formed hose...
Will be attempting to create a replacement over the next 2 weeks. By connecting the dissimilar pipe diameters with a 3 part of assembly of 2 hoses and a small radiused steel pipe custom made by a fitter and turner.
Motorsport Administration / Re: SET= Self Extraction test)
Last post by giulia_veloce - May 23, 2024, 08:30:15 AM
Wow Paul.
I had a young guy in an MG midget get out in 2.5 seconds= recorded.
This weekend is NSW State Chhampionships
Will do Over 50 extractions from 10 different categorys. I Will advise how many.
Will be entertaining
Then in a few weeks time,,,Historics at SMSP.
That will be interesting.
From memory, you need to angle the glass as much as possible to expose the mechanism behind. Then, using a long thin flat head screwdriver, rotate the backing plate either clockwise or anti-clockwise (can't remember which sorry). This allows the mechanism to pull out from the plastic housing.

In saying this, I have only pulled the drivers side mirror apart which is cable operated unlike the passenger electric mirror. I assume the technique to access would be the same however.
Motorsport Administration / Re: SET= Self Extraction test)
Last post by Paul Gulliver - May 20, 2024, 06:14:15 PM
Interesting post Rob. I was talking to a 75 y.o Group M driver on the weekend and mentioned this. He said he has extracted himself from his car in 2.5 seconds, just after he found out the car was on fire !!!. 
Hey mate, if you or anyone are still facing this issue I called about 8 places and could only get results from Monza Motors and Zagame in Victoria. Both able to deliver within a few days, hope this helps. You're expecting about $300 - 400.
Hey Giulia Veloce,
Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy with my other alfetta has decided to play up too so I've been focusing all my attention on that this week.

Sorry but im a mechanic raised in the EFI age, but I'm trying g to get the hang of this carby stuff. How do I measure the ammount of fuel that comes out? Where's it gonna squirt?
I cleaned put all jets by blowing air through them.

I had the venturis and chokes out and cleaned them too. The manual says not to remove them.  Have I done a bad thing by doing that? I couldn't imagine it doing any harm at the time.

Thanks,
Luke