In need of an elusive fuel cap

Started by hammer, November 01, 2012, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

Hi there,

The fuel cap on the Alfasud Sprint purchased by my brother (but currently sitting at my place) is cracked and leaking. It's a plastic item with an internal diameter of 50mm. its external dimensions are 60mm diameter and 21mm height.

The cap is on a 1983 Alfasud Sprint but I can't guarantee it is the same as the original item, as the fuel filler pipe was replaced back in 2000 by a company that is no longer in operation.  Richard from Avanti Spares sent me a new cap but it is too big (56mm internal diameter).

If anyone has one of the little buggers in their possession or knows where I could source one I'd greatly appreciate your help. Willing to pay for the item of course.

Cheers, Brent

colcol

To get you out of trouble, you can buy emergency fuel caps at some petrol stations and maybe Repco and Supercheap may have them as well, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

hammer

Thanks Colin, I'll check those out as a stop gap.

If anyone happens to have the real deal tucked away in a box in their shed we'd love to hear from them. Have tried several Italian spares outlets already, with no luck.

Cheers,

Brent

Ash Gordon

Have you tried the Spareplace in Adelaide - 08 8212 3505

http://www.thespareplace.com.au/

If they have one I can drop by and post it on to you.
'69 105 1750 GTV White (SLOW work in progress)
'72 105 2000 GTV Green ( Donor Car)

hammer

Thanks Ash. I'll try them tomorrow. I tried Turin in Adelaide but didn't try the Spareplace.

Cheers,

Brent

Ash Gordon

no worries - its a short walk from our office so happy to collect and post to you if they have one.
'69 105 1750 GTV White (SLOW work in progress)
'72 105 2000 GTV Green ( Donor Car)

hammer

No luck there either Ash, but thanks for the suggestion.

I'll keep hunting.

Neil Choi

Brent

Have you tried Hugh at Monza Motors in Melb, 03 9729 9946.

Neil

hammer

Neil,

Thanks for the tip. Angelo has found me one. It sounds as though it should be the right fit. Fingers crossed!

Thanks again,

Brent