Top Gear weekend June 16/17

Started by hammer, June 05, 2012, 07:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

Alfa nuts,

If you haven't already submitted your entry form to Qld Raceways for the 2012 Alfa Comp's 3rd sprint round, at Lakeside on Saturday, June 16, then get the lead out and jump online. It is an open sprint, entry fee is $175 and both road cars and race cars are welcome to compete. I'll be there, as will Mark and Sian Jackson (rumour has it that Sian's boyfriend Darren may also have a pedal), Rob Robson, Rob Cantle and hopefully several others. If the weather remains fine and cold we could be in for some cracking lap times!

The following day, Sunday, June 17 is a Top Gear race meeting. Whilst this is not an Alfa Comp round, Rob Robson is making the most of his trip down from Mackay and having a run on the Sunday race day. Rob is desperate for some Alfa companionship on track, so if you're up for a big weekend, book in for the racing as well as the sprint and give Robbo a run for his money.

As usual, if there are any beginners reading this post who'd like to give sprinting a go, give our competition secretary Ken Percival a call and he'll talk you through the basic car prep needed to get you started. Ken's number can be found in the committee section of the AROCA Qld website.

See you trackside. Brent

bowds116

The GTV is back from the dead so I'm having a run ;D
current : 1980 Alfetta GTV 116 (w/TS running gear)
              2001 156 TS manual
             1998 GTV V6

hammer

Sensational news mate!! I was just thinking yesterday that I should give you a call to see how it was coming along. See you Saturday.

bowds116

All good fun, she held together, and a lakeside PB!! Happy as!! ;D
current : 1980 Alfetta GTV 116 (w/TS running gear)
              2001 156 TS manual
             1998 GTV V6

hammer

Great work Bowds. Great to see you back out there so soon after the catastrophic failure. Even better that you're going quicker.

An excellent arvo all round. At least two PBs that I know of and possibly more.

Cheers,

Brent

Bear157

Congrats on the PB Steve. Mine was only by a fraction of a second, but still a PB.

hammer

Great stuff Rob. Once we get that new/old engine and LSD tranny into Whitey that Lakeside 68 second target will tumble.

Big thanks to Rob Cantle and Mark Jackson for giving me a push start for that last sprint. I managed to flatten my brand new battery in two sprints! Some great phone consultation from fellow Alfa racer and auto electrical guru Paul Young this afternoon and I've fixed the problem and will be ready for the next sprint on July 8 at Qld Raceway. I know absolutely nothing about auto electrics so Youngie had to give me the five-year-old's tutorial - even down to how to work my new multi metre. Thanks for your patience mate!

See you all out at QR on July 8.

Bear157

Can you believe I went all day without an issue with my battery. Took it off trailer Sunday...no problem, then gave it a clean, left it in yard for couple of hours, then had to jump start it to put it in the shed....go figure.