Hello from Canberra

Started by nico, January 09, 2012, 08:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nico

Hello all,

Really looking forward to getting to know you all better, seems like there is a great amount of knowledge on this site.
About me?.. I have owned 2 guiletta 116 and currently own a 75TS witch I'm slowing making my own so to speak. I have been going to Auto Italia since 2007 and have had a car in almost every year.
For work I'm a graphic designer/art director with a publishing company here in the ACT and i also write for a cycling magazine, testing bike and the odd race report. 

I have attached some pics of my cars, motorbike and some from work.

My 75TS

My motorbike

My old 116

And some of my perks from work.

more here if you are interested..nhge.tumblr.com

massiveluvbuddy67

I love the TS and the giulietta. Both are really teriffic cars. The other ones look great too. Welcome to the forum.

AlfaACT

Hi nico,

and hello back from Canberra too! ;-)

AROCA has got a Chapter right here in ... Canberra!
Check out our calendar - hope to see you soon.
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=5676.0

Peter.

Miss Alfa Sprint

Hi Nico,

welcome to our forum!  :)

I love those pics  ;D
1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5L (Blue)
1989 Alfa 33 1.7 IE (Red)

To see my amazing photography visit http://www.marisagangemi.com/

nico

wow that was quick! thanks for the warm welcome.

@ Peter Atkinson -  thanks for the info, looking forward to the drive on the 29th.

Dont suppose anyone know if there will be an Alfa Romeo representation at the Goulburn Bowl 85th Anniversary of the First Australian Grand Prix?
http://www.hsrca.com/events/gear-goulburn-bowl-85th-anniversary-of-the-first-australian-grand-prix-for-motor-cars/

AlfaACT

Quote from: nico on January 09, 2012, 09:37:30 PM
Dont suppose anyone know if there will be an Alfa Romeo representation at the Goulburn Bowl 85th Anniversary of the First Australian Grand Prix?

Hi nico,
None that I am aware of, but hey it could be interesting ...
Peter

John Hanslow

Hi Nico, welcome to the forum.

Neat 75.  I will keep an eye out for it at Auto Italia.

Cheers
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

ANG156

Nico, Love the giulietta. They are a rare beast now with not too many going around here in melbourne and i guess even less in canberra.

It looks like it is sitting nicely on the aftermarket wheels and lowered suspension. What size are the rims and how much lower did the car sit?

nico

@ John - Thanks, will have to keep an eye out for you at the show!

@ ANG156 - I did also love the giulietta. I think even more because of the work put into it from the $500 no rego lump of tree trimmings i bought it for. I have recently sold it after a solid 6 years, and as far as i know its undergoing full resoto in a garage somewhere in the ACT ( it was discussed that it would come back to me before the next sale ). They are indeed getting rear, however i did spot on in syd that looked A1 original.. you should have seen my jaw hit the steering wheel followed by me almost ripping my head off as it drove past! campi wheels and all. really made my day.
I had mine set up with 195/50/15 wheels, king springs at the back and koni on all four. the back was down about 30mm and the front about 40mm.. and more, it was a really fun thing to drive.