2012 AROCA Sprint Series Round 1 Phillip Island February 4 SATURDAY

Started by Neil Choi, November 10, 2011, 10:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

Here's the view from the fast car (sent to me by a mate a couple of months ago).  Doesn't seem quite so dramatic from here.

Still pretty quick innit.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

aggie57

Quote from: alfagtv58 on February 01, 2012, 11:39:32 PM
It was the 1 hour Sports car race at Island Magic late last year. hmd competed in it.

Thanks Phil. Results on Natsoft say the MX-5 was doing 1:57 and the Lotus 1:34. V8 Supercar and Porsche Cup territory. Bloody quick!!

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?27/11/2011.PHIL.R9
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

hmd

Quote from: aggie57 on February 01, 2012, 11:52:51 PM
Quote from: alfagtv58 on February 01, 2012, 11:39:32 PM
It was the 1 hour Sports car race at Island Magic late last year. hmd competed in it.

Thanks Phil. Results on Natsoft say the MX-5 was doing 1:57 and the Lotus 1:34. V8 Supercar and Porsche Cup territory. Bloody quick!!

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?27/11/2011.PHIL.R9

Alister,

Lotus was powered by 2L VTEC supercharged Honda engine. and weigh probably 600kg.

bix

Hey Choderboy. Next PI event, I'll record the 156 so that you can watch it real slow!

Neil Choi

Just a brief note on how the event went.  Fantastic day with mid twenties temp and sunny all day, perfect track.  Day ran smooth like a well oiled Alfetta twin cam.  Not much reported mechanic problems other than our own.  A couple of recoveries which wasn't too bad.  Many runs were had and no complains but lots of compliments.

So many many thanks to those who ran the day (which allowed me to tend to my car!!!!).

Stuart Thomson
Bruno Colautti
Claude Botti
Michael Botti
Chris Truskett
Evan Bottcher
Brad Marshall
Dominique Chaleyer
Andrew Toomath
Paul Gulliver
Gary Pearce
Chris Sutherland
Joan Read
Paul Murphy Senior

Mick Aarons
Ben Thompson
Kevin Nesci
Roger Dench
Ray Pignataro
Colin Byrne
Marcus Gordon
Randy Stagno-Navarra
Ray Monik
Russell Garner
Craig Healy
Robert Downes
Lyn Harris
Steve Cook
Brendan Beavis
Owen Boak
Peter Phillips

Special particular thanks to the one who helped me greatly on the day (he and many know who he is) and pointing out that I am an idiot and making Damon go faster.

Cheers all

Neil

hmd

Quote from: Neil Choi on February 09, 2012, 06:54:48 PM
Special particular thanks to the one who helped me greatly on the day (he and many know who he is) and pointing out that I am an idiot and making Damon go faster.

Cheers all

Neil

He helped you out but he wasn't the ONLY one pointing out that you were ....  ;D