vinyl to match alfatex

Started by berlinaman, August 15, 2011, 09:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berlinaman

Does any one know where to source vinyl to match original alfatex to repair some sections of damaged upholstery. I have been thinking that the US brand naugahyde might have something but know nothing about that brand except the name has stuck in my memory from reading hotrod mags many years ago.
The colour I am after is a DARK RED for a 1970 berlina.

I could alternatively use some sections from the back of original seats if anyone has some lying around.

Any info appreciated.

cheers

Tony

ItalCarGuy

Tony, Reoriginals have a really nice dark red vinyl which is meant to be a factory match. I have a sample that I can trim a bit of and post to you if you like. I am tempted to use this colour for my Giulia Super interior.

berlinaman

Hi Derek,

Thanks mate, that would be great, and we will see how it looks.

cheers

Tony

berlinaman

Hi Derek,
Thanks for the sample, very kind of you. It indeed does look like a very good match. How does one go about getting some of it. I presume they have a website.
cheers
Tony

ItalCarGuy

http://reoriginals.com/vinyloriginalburgundyseatandconsolematerial-u20150.aspx

No worries. Sorry it took me a few weeks to find it. Matt at Reoriginals is very helpful. Some of his prices are up there for NOS stuff but fair enough I reckon as you can't beat NOS! The vinyl prices are more than reasonable considering the closeness to original that they are.