Lakeside Sprints

Started by hammer, May 22, 2011, 06:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

Only six of us out at Lakeside today but we still had a ball. The rain held off, the track dried out in time for us to kick off at 1pm and we all laid down some decent times.

A huge congratulations to Doug Stonehouse and Peter Parianos for cranking out PBs.

The Giulietta led the pack, followed by Mark Jackson's Alfetta, Doug Stonehouse in his GTV 2000, Sian Jackson in the Alfetta, Peter Parianos in his turbo sprint and Stephen Bowdery in his Alfetta GTV.

Look out for a lot more pace from Peter's sprint in the coming months. This is only his second ever track outing, he's running road tyres, road suspension and standard brakes and he posted a 72 flat around Lakeside. A great effort for his first time on the circuit.

Cheers,

Brent

MD

I you have the times would you mind posting the results? I see Natsoft has zip.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

hammer

At your service my good man.  ;)

BH - 64.25
Jacko - 65.4
Doug - 66.39 (PB)
Sian - 67.85
Peter Parianos - 72.00 (PB)
Steve Bowdery - 74.00

To be fair to Mark and Sian they only had one run each, as the exhaust cracked through on the Alfetta. Mark unsuccessfully tried to wire it together but it needs welding.

My time was a PB for sprints but I have done a 63.97 in racing. The good news on the Giulietta front is that the water temp ran under 85 degrees all day so the new head gasket seems to have done the trick!

Cheers,

Brent

MD

Not only are you a great PR man but you are a good mind reader too !  :D

Thanks mate.

I seem to recollect numbers like 62.5 (thereabouts) for the Brick during the East Coast Challenge dry conditions.

Have I got K.R.A.F.T. or what?

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

hammer

Correct indeed on the Brick front - 62.57 and then it all ended in a cloud of steam. The Brick and Jacko were both in red hot form on that cool July Sunday by the Lake. I think Andrew Wilson was only a couple of tenths quicker for the fastest Alfa lap of the weekend, with Bill Magoffin also breaking into the 62s.

Looking forward to the ECC again this year.

Cheers,

Brent

MD

Ahaa. So I still got a few grey cells working. Might come in handy one day.

Tragic day that. It can all be put down to simply that the track supplied Jacko what they claimed was the correct equivalent to our usual fuel. Most unfortunately, it wasn't. Our regular fuel was AVGAS but we ran out it over the week end. There is a lot more to the story but essentially the failure was due to a massive fuel lean out issue.

On the brighter side, I suppose I can make a small claim that the Brick was the fastest 2 litre Queensland made club car there being only one faster owned by Andrew but built in NSW. A small satisfaction for a couple of years work.

I did it for you Greg Summerville. Get well my friend.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

L4OMEO

Gidday Brent

Great to hear you guys had a good day. Any pics or stories for next month's magazine? Deadline's on Wednesday and as it stands we're looking at 32 blank pages so if you've got anything let me know.

Cheers
Rory
2002 156 GTA

hammer

Rory,

I took a couple of dodgy pics in the pits on my iphone, as I forgot to take my good camera.

I will knock up a quick piece on sprinting as we are really trying to encourage new members to get out there an give it a go.

I'll only be filling one of your 32 pages though mate!

Brent