Helloooooooooooooooooooo Alfa

Started by rjsands, February 01, 2011, 08:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjsands

Hello.

Just wanted to say hi and let people know I am the proud owner of an '06 147 GTA.  I've had it for about a year, but have been slack and hadn't join the forum.  Figured it was about time I did!

It is a fun little beast of a car to take on the Melbourne roads.  My personal favorite part is how massive a turning radius this car needs to turn around.  A 3 point turn requires 8 attempts  ;)  I think a B double truck can do it easier than the GTA can.  The large turning radius at slow speed coupled with the insane concept of trying to turn at speed while the 250HP infused front wheels want to go straight makes it a blast to drive -- I wouldn't have it any other way.

Look forward to chatting with you.

-- Rich

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Brad M

Welcome Rich!

Have you upgraded to the Q2 diff yet? If not, get on it while the AUD is strong.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

rjsands

I have yet to move to the Q2 Diff and have been rolling the dice given it is a very low K car.  That said it is a used car and I know it is something that should be replaced before it fails. 

L4OMEO

Evan - that price is for the diff alone, the full kit is GBP360 which converts to about AUD580. When I bought mine Autolusso were the cheapest at GBP450 delivered  (AUD725). Another $450 for installation, still very cost-effective.

Rich - do it!!!
2002 156 GTA

ChrisGTA

Welcome aboard Rich! First step to a track day  ;D