33 spares come in handy even for a Ford!!!

Started by Miss Alfa Sprint, January 27, 2011, 12:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Alfa Sprint

Hey guys just thought i'd share this little story :)

The other day my dad opened the bonnet of our 1988 ford fairlane to work out where the oil leak it had was coming from, and we found that one of the horns had fallen off it's bracket and the other one was never connected at all!!

Then my dad was like " Ma! your car is 30 years old and runs better than this heap of s***!!!"

We have a gold 33 in his factory for spares so he took the horns out of it and installed them on the fairlane!

So now we have a Ford Fairlane with Alfa horns  :P
1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5L (Blue)
1989 Alfa 33 1.7 IE (Red)

To see my amazing photography visit http://www.marisagangemi.com/

AikenDrum105

A friend of mine with a Magna liked the horns in my old 1750 gtv so much,  he chased up a set from Milanos and retro-fitted them.

But he was odd that way....

:)
Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV

colcol

Another horn story, about 10 years ago the horns in the 33 stopped working and they still had 12 volts going to them, and having working horns is quite important to say warn Toyota drivers to WAKE UP and get out of the fast lane on the freeway, [they most likely fell asleep listening to Neil on AM radio], i went to buy some new horns, and my first port of call was K-Mart, and you would not beleive it, they had the same exact horns that were out of the 33, they were if i remember made in Italy by FIAMM, same color, shape wire connectors etc, took about 10 seconds to install and worked like a treat, just sometimes you can be lucky, but one strange thing i learnt, that if one stops working, then so does the other one, when they stop working, don't mess around with old ones, just go and buy some new ones, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

ANG156

Yeah the italian horns are made by fiamm. So far my dad has upgraded a few cars with these flike my sister's vw polo, new astra's, honda's, toyota's and everything that sounds shit from factory. I remember my neighbour came over when he bought his new honda crv and and complained that his new car had a crappy horn so he tried the horn in my 33 at the time and was like i want that one. Next thing you know he left tooting away and was much happier. I guess the type of horn you get in your car depends on the country of origin of the vehicle. Japanese people are very quiet so you get a quiet horn, while italians are more alive and passionate so you need a horn that can actually be heard. Ever been to italy and seen how they drive? If your horn doesn't work there God help you! LOL