GTV6 Grand Prix build dates

Started by alanm, November 20, 2010, 08:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTV6FLETCH

managed to resize some more pic's.
Damn i really have to  re-register one of my babies,
looking through old pic's and seeing them sit in garage with dust  has woken me up from a 3kids,wife,mortgage,house reno  slumber.
i just gotta drive one again,rrrr.
here is a few more pics guy's.
Now
81-GTV-2.5L
86-GTV6-GP
13-MITO (WIFEY'S)
74-ALFETTA SEDAN 1.8
Gone
multiple GTV 2L

grpa9x

gtv6fletch,
your car looks very sharp, i am extremely jealous that you still have the rear spoiler, mine is rotting away in the shed. Yours is only the second gp i have seen with it still fitted.
cheers michael :)

L4OMEO

Quote from: paul edwards on April 21, 2011, 09:30:30 PM
G'day gtv6fletch,

That,s a fine looking GTV you have, very very nice.
Time to wake the Beast from it's 6 year sleep and revive your passion for such a brilliant Car. Are the photos recent? if so then you have one of the best looking and kept GP GTV6 l have seen, the paint work looks beautiful. l hopefully will get to see it one day.

Cheers Paul

Let the Beast out and fire up the passion :) ;) 8)

Err ... are we still talking about cars?
2002 156 GTA

Rok_Dr

Hi Gtv6fletch

I can only echo the previous comments, Mighty nice car you have there and I hope that you can get it back on the road soon! Those rego plates look like the original ones.  It would be cool if you still had them and were able to get the car reregistered on them. My car (also an 86 model) had an OTA plate before it moved west with me 15 years ago.

It also looks from the photos that your car is fitted with an earlier grill  (grill flutes extending to the headlights) and not the later GP type. Would you know if was replaced at some stage or if it was delivered from Alfa Romeo Australia like that?

I'm still trying to satisfy my curiosity as to whether Alfa were slack and fitted some cars with earlier grills or they were replaced at a later date. Up to 3 with the earlier grill now.

Cheers

Steve

1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Grand Prix
1994 Jaguar XJ40 V12 "Lady Penelope"
2003 Discovery 2 S Td5 "Charlie"
2006 19'6" Windsor Genesis "The Castle"
2002 Nissan Pulsar ST "Iggy"

grpa9x

Quote from: Rok_Dr on April 22, 2011, 01:09:15 PM
Hi Gtv6fletch

I can only echo the previous comments, Mighty nice car you have there and I hope that you can get it back on the road soon! Those rego plates look like the original ones.  It would be cool if you still had them and were able to get the car reregistered on them. My car (also an 86 model) had an OTA plate before it moved west with me 15 years ago.

It also looks from the photos that your car is fitted with an earlier grill  (grill flutes extending to the headlights) and not the later GP type. Would you know if was replaced at some stage or if it was delivered from Alfa Romeo Australia like that?

I'm still trying to satisfy my curiosity as to whether Alfa were slack and fitted some cars with earlier grills or they were replaced at a later date. Up to 3 with the earlier grill now.

Cheers

Steve

good eyes there steve, i never noticed,
michael

GTV6FLETCH

hey all,
thanks for all the comments bout my baby.
the rear spoiler is still on and in pretty good nick too,seems to have a metal bar inside the rubber which seems to be rusty and is a bit deformed on drivers side.
as for the paint work,it has been in the garage since the day i got it,
i havnt done much in the last 5 years,just start her up every 8 or so months and drive her out of the garage.got a week off work this week so i intend to have a massive clean up in the garage,need to make room so a can get the 3l motor in the red sister car and look at registering that one,
those plates in the pics i think were original,pretty sure i handed them in when i got GTV686 in green and white put on it.
The other car has GTV681.lol.
As for the grill,i am unsure,i remember asking when i purchased the car (no definate answer as the person i purchased car from was selling on behalf of owner,a doctor from the northern beaches,strange i know)
i always assumed that it was not original and must of had some kind of front end acco and smash repairers were just lazy and got a standard replacement ?
it is missing the passengers front wheel arch aswell ?
cheers
FLETCH........
Now
81-GTV-2.5L
86-GTV6-GP
13-MITO (WIFEY'S)
74-ALFETTA SEDAN 1.8
Gone
multiple GTV 2L

Rok_Dr

Hi Fletch

Thanks for that information re the grill. A crash repair certainly could be another explanation.

Your rear spoiler sounds just like mine. I have a vision one day down the track of delicately cutting out the rusty bar, getting it recreated and then vinyl shrink wrapping spoiler before refitting. Not sure of the actual feasibility of this though. In the meantime it sits in the shed...

Cheers

Steve
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Grand Prix
1994 Jaguar XJ40 V12 "Lady Penelope"
2003 Discovery 2 S Td5 "Charlie"
2006 19'6" Windsor Genesis "The Castle"
2002 Nissan Pulsar ST "Iggy"

grpa9x

hi all,
does any one have the right type of gear knob in their car, i would like to see a photo of the correct type for our cars.
cheers michael :)

Robert Young

have any of you got the red with tan interior GTV grand prix that was registered in Victoria with the plates GTV-V6 as I used to own this car for about 8 years & was casing it up, regards Rob.