Ignis GTV6 Phillip Island.

Started by bt46, September 30, 2010, 09:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bt46

Sorry if this has already been posted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voMqGfIXKq4

Edit: Thought I would also add this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpMTTXYd2ws
I remember being at the island in 05. Fantastic driving and great to see the GTV6 leaving most of the field behind.
Scott was four wheel sliding through the dip in the last turn coming onto the straight.

ProvaRacing

Quote from: paul edwards on September 30, 2010, 10:14:58 AM
That car has my vote for number 1 Alfa Romeo in Australia.

I'd second that comment!

I remember watching live the Ignis Alfas in the hands of Bond and in particular Jones that stirred theblood and Hugh does a damn fine rendition.

JOHN G

Hey Prova

I'd just like to point out that the car is rear wheel drive LOL. ;)

One of my favourite Alfa's this car is responsible for getting me hooked on Alfa's and motorsport.

John.
Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa  75 3.0 qv Potenziata (Black) Concours
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 GP 2.5 Concours
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport 250Hp ATW (Grey)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

bt46

i think i messed up my original post and failed to include scott in the dulux gtv6 so i just included the link

ProvaRacing

Quote from: JOHN G on September 30, 2010, 02:58:56 PM

Hey Prova

I'd just like to point out that the car is rear wheel drive LOL. ;)

One of my favourite Alfa's this car is responsible for getting me hooked on Alfa's and motorsport.

John.

I just noticed this "backhander" again reference to RWD...you really want to make it what you're known for kind of John G Spot (or that general area)...LOL

Yes the GTV got the nod but not just or even because it was RWD, there were many reasons, it's look, it's ability to be driven hard and flat due to its brilliant roll caged/chassis setup and not least it's enthusiastic and highly skilled pilots.

It may not have got my nod had the only racing Alfa 155 that came here in around 1995 in the Super Tourers class been a better example than the horrible paint scheme, poorly and under resourced Gary Rodgers one that "new kid on the block" Steven Richards drove...whilst it was quick, it was sadly unreliable and that wasn't due to it being FWD :P

bt46

I remember the 155 well. It was very fast but always ran out of tyres and brakes half way into the races.

grpa9x

my vote goes to the dulux gtv6, i was with a few mates a number of years ago watching the grp a/ c  cars at phillip island, my mates were racing their a9x toranas and scott was all over them, later in the day i hung around the dulux car like a pimple on an arse, that guy can drive. cheers michael ;D

MD

Quotei hung around the dulux car like a pimple on an arse,

That's just PURE GOLD !!!!  ;D

Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

ProvaRacing

Quote from: grpa9x on October 18, 2010, 08:34:43 PM
i hung around the dulux car like a pimple on an arse, that guy can drive.

Seems not much changes then with GTV drivers way of showing appreciation...24 years ago thats what they were doing to me in my 124!  ;D

MD

Always drooled over those Fiats when  I was a kid last century. :)

There's a white one getting around Morgan Park that's been worked over by Mr Abarth and it's dry sumped. It's a neat piece of work and goes real well.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Freds GTV

I remember when Alan Jones drove this car in the 80s and was carving up the field of bigger engined BMW 3.0Ls at the time. Was an amazing site !
Previous Alfas :

Alfetta GTV 2.0L - Red
Alfetta GTV 2.0L - Red
Alfetta GTV 2.0L - Silver
Alfa Sprint - White
Alfa Sprint - Red
Alfa GTV TS - Black
Alfa GTV V6 3.0L - Black (Current Car)