PRICE RANGE FOR 1990 75 3.0

Started by johnnyc, August 28, 2010, 02:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyc

Hi

I am considering buying a 75 3.0 and am wondering what sort of price range is reasonable for this vehicle. further, can you source spares for this car, which will be a long term reno project, assuming i buy.

thanks, john.

wankski

the model to go for if u can find one is the potenziata, as the standard 3.0 had a cruisy 3.55:1 final ratio

that said, if u found one it'd go for crazy money... a standard 3.0 in itself ... well redbook is as good a guide as any... but a decent one would start @ 5k on up i'd guess...

parts generally no problem... quite a few 75s being broken, so that covers panels and such.... as for consumables, your best bet is the USA where many places like international auto, ar ricambi and one or two offer spares and performance upgrades for these models of cars. There are even places like hi performance store that sell bespoke performance stuff for v6 transaxles, including full silicone hose kit, silicone afm and afm-less intake, and even silicone plenum couplers, so u're pretty well covered...

now all that's left is to find one...

good hunting!

johnnyc

hi,

thanks for the reply. yes, they seem hard to find, almost like rocking horse shit.

cheers

Typhoon90

75's tend to pop up for sale in clusters, just bide your time. You think finding a 75 is hard, try finding a 90!

Regards, Andrew.

grey75

Might be selling my beloved 3.0 75 for something more modern.
If you are interested pm me and we can maybe work something out ;D

hammer

Boys,

Check out the for sale section of the forum or the Qld site's classifieds and take a look at Yogi's 3.0 for sale. it's in fantastic nick and he is down to $6k on it - started at $10k. A definite bargain.

Cheers,

Brent

johnnyc

hi all,

purchased the 75 3.0 (yogi's). arrives Monday on the truck from brissie. now for the fun part, re-building. should be fun, already been canvassing the net for spares, reputable mechanics/ engine builders to give it a new lease on life.

cheers

jc

hammer

Aaaww, I feel like some kind of match maker!