New Hobart Tassie 156 Sportwagon Owner

Started by jackafrica, August 14, 2010, 03:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackafrica

Hi,
    Just to let anyone here in Tassie know there is another 156 Sportwagon in the state.
Yes, it is a sillyspeed ( Selespeed ), of my own choosing. 2000 build with 2001 compliance
Fortunately there is a history from Robert Lane and Zagame with everything up to date.

Bought from a wholesale dealer in ViC after an RACV inspection report revealed no major dramas.

I arrived with it on Thursday morning with an uneventful drive to Hobart.
Friday ( 13th August ) morning it passed a roadworthy and is now on Tassie plates.

Look forward to participating on the forum, have been a lurker here and on alfaowner for a while, deciding which form of ownership torture to endure ;-)

Chose the Sportwagon as it is really a sedan with a hatchback and split seat.

Would like to know of the choice of independent servicing folk here, if someone can fill me in. Thanks in advance.

cheers

Richard
cheers

Richard

scuzzyGTV

Hi Richard, welcome to the forum.
independant servicing in hobart would mostly be done by fogarty automotive, crn patrick & argyle sts.
glad you got here with no drama, only drove my new toy back last month, had a ball!
scott.
81 GTV 2.0 - Red

Davidm1600

Hi Richard, welcome to the forum as Scuzzy also said.  As a Sportwagon owner to a fellow Sportwagon owner.  Well done.  I have had my '03 JTS wagon since 'Nov '2007.  I bought mine in Sydney and we drove it home down the Pacific Highway, on a camping/surfing holiday.  My car is metallic light blue, and manual.  What colour is yours.

Yep, you are quite correct the Sportwagon down here is pretty uncommon.  I know of only 5-6 other wagons down here.  I have to agree their practicality won me over having a sedan. 

I have always had mine serviced by Fogarty's.  There are some other choices including Autocraft up the top end of Collins street, also EuroTech in Yardley St North Hobart, and finally Vinaku out in Moonah, who the agents for Fiat and Alfa (these days).

The other thing if you are interested is perhaps to join Club Motori Italia, as we would welcome you on board for sure.  PM me if you are interested and I can send you the details etc.  Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

jackafrica

Thanks for the welcome scott and Dave, greatly appreciated.

I will pm you Dave for some details re the club thing. I've noticed the old Collinsvale Road closed sometimes for Italian Car Club hill climb events.

My Sportwagon is silver ( the new white ! ) with 17" wheels, which to be honest for our roads here are probably not the practical choice.
Really enjoying the car and will look to putting a few things back into shape where there is evidence of neglect.
The Selespeed is great, that's where I hope to learn its nuances.

Thanks again for the friendly welcome, hope I can contribute here in a useful and helpful way.

cheers
Richard
cheers

Richard

Miss Alfa Sprint

Hi Richard,

welcome to the forum, It's good to see someone from Tasmania on here. My brother lives in Hobart at the moment and he drives a Red 1984 33, so if you see one of those around just beep at him lol

Marisa 8)
1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5L (Blue)
1989 Alfa 33 1.7 IE (Red)

To see my amazing photography visit http://www.marisagangemi.com/

Davidm1600

Hey Marissa, what is your brother's name ? both Scuzzy and myself also are from Hobart. 

Hopefully sometime soonish I might even catchup with Richard, as we have been in touch via PM. My brother also has a 33 (white), amongst his rather large car collection.  Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Miss Alfa Sprint

Quote from: Davidm1750 on August 17, 2010, 02:01:03 PM
Hey Marissa, what is your brother's name ? both Scuzzy and myself also are from Hobart. 

Hopefully sometime soonish I might even catchup with Richard, as we have been in touch via PM. My brother also has a 33 (white), amongst his rather large car collection.  Dave

My Brother's name is John and he lives in North Hobart but he isn't on the forum or part of the club yet but don't worry i'll get him to join up soon :)

jackafrica

Quote from: Miss Alfa Sprint on August 17, 2010, 09:49:01 AM
Hi Richard,

welcome to the forum, It's good to see someone from Tasmania on here. My brother lives in Hobart at the moment and he drives a Red 1984 33, so if you see one of those around just beep at him lol

Marisa 8)

Thanks Marisa,
                    For the welcome. Will keep a weather eye out, 33's are thin on the ground these days, even in Hobart, the home of older cars.
Happy to wave at all Alfa owners.
Took a friend for a drive this afternoon and he enjoyed it immensely, especially the Selespeed. Owning an Alfa Romeo is a passionate thing, like Italian motorcycles.

Cheers
Richard
cheers

Richard

Miss Alfa Sprint

[/quote]

Owning an Alfa Romeo is a passionate thing, like Italian motorcycles.

[/quote]

So true  ;) and yet it's a concept which only a selected few understand  8)

Marisa