Any value in a 2L Nord

Started by Craig_m67, May 08, 2024, 07:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig_m67

I have a 2L Nord in the Duetto (alfetta block I think) sitting up here with Delortos and "some" headers.  It was built (not me) and then immediately ran faultlessly from Melbourne to Brisbane where it was parked, never to torque again, in 2012.  How many K's is that?

I was going to pull it apart for the oil pump, sump and a few bits to build up a twin spark.. but then I wondered if there's any $ value in it.

What are they worth, does anybody want a 2L Nord?
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

vinsharp

As spare parts to buy from wreckers these days the main parts; block, crank, head would cost somewhere 4-500 each.
Cranks & heads are getting scarce.

bazzbazz

Quote from: Craig_m67 on May 08, 2024, 07:03:21 PMI have a 2L Nord in the Duetto (alfetta block I think) sitting up here

Do I assume you've moved and are no longer ensconced in your high rise apartment?
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Craig_m67

Ah no, still ensconced.  I just had to move sheds and the collection of parts that once assembled resemble a Duetto.   I have a few bits I don't need; 2L engine[1], cams[10548?], gearboxes[2], spare new S2 nose panels, new seat pans[2], old LSD[1].   It's all now literally across the road, I can walk to "work".

So working out what to keep and what to bin/tip (shortly) as the new space is limited and moving stuff that doesn't bring "Joy" is an anathema.  So, in the bin!

Thanks VIN for the response, if anybody wants something let me know.

As a side question (as this is years away).  What would make a better street motor.  Twin spark, ported with carbs/ITBs (usual fruit).  Or the 2 litre Nord, ported with carbs, existing 123.  I like the idea of the Nord as I can keep my cross over air filter (stock look) but wonder if keeping this intake would defeat any porting/breathing/engine mods.  Then I could sell the TS to buy some heritage jenvey jewellery...

I'm after an engine that will make good torque and rev/spin up quickly.  I've been ruined by the 1750tbi in the GQV... which possibly needs an oil change, defo overdue a wash (just been used as a Ute) and would be the best retrofit choice if a gearbox (mx5) was available.
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)