AROCA-BABYCO 6 hr Relay at Winton 27-28 October 2007

Started by Neil Choi, March 19, 2007, 08:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ian bennett

what a great event
congratulations to the alfa club  once again ,
our humble team  of celicas and a corrolla  had a fantastic time ,and a special thanks to neil choi
and the hard working officials , without there help,  one of our first timers would not  have been able to compete,   also i must mention the scrutineers   they did a marvelous  hard job,  also their help made it possible for our member to run
thanks again
ian bennett

[team manager of TEAM WASABI}

Neil Choi

Hi There All

I will post complete listing of team results and all other results as soon as I can, ie once I am home from work and fight my kids off the computer.

Hopefully, posting 10-11pm tonight.

Sorry also for no complete list yesterday, only had one copy.

Cheers all
Neil

Neil Choi

Fast Eddie

And i even got event updates despite being over in the Wild West.
Congrats Neil and the committee.  Obviously another well managed event with i am sure a few nervous people around an hour before and for the first 30 mins due to the weather.

Well done to all teams.  Everyone obviously looked after themselves and their fellow competitors especially whilst the track was wet.

Glad my old team and my old car did well.  Very jealous, must consider a fly in/out drive for 08.

Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

sav

On behalf of the MX5 club I would like to thank the Alfa club for running an amazing day. A special well done to Neil for bringing it all together. We all had a great weekend and we are already planning our strategies for next year.

manga_blue

Quote from: sav on October 29, 2007, 06:59:10 PM
On behalf of the MX5 club I would like to thank the Alfa club for running an amazing day. A special well done to Neil for bringing it all together. We all had a great weekend and we are already planning our strategies for next year.

I'll second Sav on that.  It was a brilliant weekend of driving.  The specially washed track on Sunday has never been better.   8)   

We had six hours of running without a halt.  I think there were only 2 tows all day and they were in around the pit lane.  For all the time I was on the track the driving was impeccable.  That was amazing with 31 cars of all sorts on the track at once.  A real credit to driver and car preparation all round.

Thanks to the Alfa club for managing it so well and thanks to the MX5 club for all the support we got in fielding 3 teams.

Phil

Neil Choi

Quick Summary of results

1 st Place

Maschi Di Alfa (AROCA)      8.6993

2 nd Place

Carrera Motor(MX5 club)      8.7327

3 rd Place

Team E30 (BMW club)      8.7504

4 th Place

Doncaster Mini Garage Motorsport   8.9830

5 th Place

Team Healy      9.5984

Best Lady Driver

Chris Crombie (Austin Healy Club)

Best Presented Team

Team Muzza (MX5 club) for presenting a family atmosphere

Cheers
Neil

Doug Gould

Some highlights:
Phil Baskett in 3/4 length jeans (cute legs). Teruo in rolled up sleeves under the Alfa Club officials vest (not cute, just gaudy). Vin & Anthony Sharp flattening the battery of the pace car (listening to ABBA CD's ??). Neil Provis-Vincent for turning up after rolling the Nissan in a ball at Philip Is. Mary Lee for breaking the car to prevent Victor setting faster timers (how many finishes from how many starts this year?). Ian James for just bringing the Guilia Super. Maree Sharp for the superb catering. The Carra girls for running up and down the control tower stairs bring it all up to us. The Cobra that made the control tower windows shake every time it took off out of pit lane. The Cobra that damn near spun in pit lane. The baby poo coloured corolla (a deeper shade of Neilsen yellow) who had a wheel in the air on about half the corners. All the guys that missed the Haines special after it spun at the water tower. The sheep that followed the saftey car into Pit lane instead of gridding up (I'm surprised that the howls from the tower weren't heard in pit lane). The guy in the Nissan March - slowest on the track - driving the life out of it - and not getting in anyones way. The 3 guys who expired between the start / finish line and the old pit lane exit & parked sensibly that allowed hot recovery. David Gwynn for spending all weekend standing on the Start / Finish Gantry and especially for not being blown over the edge when he held out signs during the gusts on Sunday.

I think that the guys that deserve the greatest thanks are the ones who spent all weekend fixed in one spot without relief. The flag officials, David Gwynn at Start / Finish, Colin Thomas and Mick Pannell in pit lane. 2 days doing the same thing in the same spot without the ability to move around & talk to people is a big sacrifice. Vin & Anthony are nearly in the same boat, but they got to listen to the CD's that flattened the battery! I'm sure there are others I've missed. But the point is that there are a small number of people who are regularly at events helping in jobs that are under the radar. When you notice one of these people quietly working away, please step up and thank them.

This was my first 6 hour and I never understood the mistique of the 6 hour. Now I do.

Doug Gould
08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle

Doug Gould

I forgot to add that a highlight for me was watching the racesafe guys and Batman (Bruce & Wayne) who handled the radios & comms to the flag points and Ian & Jenny from Timetronics. It was a glimpse at how professional races are run. The 6-hour is in a completely different league in terms of complexity than a club sprint. There is a lot we can learn from the approach of these guys for our normal sprints and we've still got headroom to make the 6 hour better.

But collectively these guys have one of those jobs where the better they perform, the less they are noticed.

I was largely a passenger for the 6-hour. Ross Flood took the brunt and predominantly dealt with the dozen or so guys we black flagged with greater diplomacy than I posess.

Doug Gould
08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle

Big Trev

As a competitor and a team mate of one of Ross's call ups, Ross handled everything in a friendly professional way - well done Ross, no easy task being a C of C. I know - LOL

morerevsm3

A huge thank you to all that made this event possible, I, and the rest of the 2 BMW teams had a great time, the good results were a bonus (it was every member of team BM's first ever regularity, or anything similar) hope to see everyone there again next year  ;D

Neil Choi

Team placings

1   Maschi Di Alfa         8.6993
2   Carrera Motor         8.7327
3   Team E30         8.7504
4   Doncaster Mini Garage Motorsport   8.983
5   Team Healy         9.5984
6   Team BM                      11.586
7   TSOA Team 1 TR7         12.6623
8   J&A No Bull Racing         14.9694
9   Weltmeister         15.4744
10   Team Trofeo         15.6321
11   team Bolwell         16.1832
12   Tampered Motorsport      16.517
13   Mauceri Motor Cuore Sportivo   16.6196
14   Victoree Racing         17.4216
15   Team Sprout         18.0532
16   Jardine Lloyd Thompson P/L      18.9352
17   Maranello Misfits         18.9443
18   Team Africa         19.4248
19   Lotus Club Victoria Team 2      19.4341
20   Shepparton SCC         19.7234
21   Deniliquin SCC         21.0636
22   Team Muzza         21.1199
23   TSOA Team 2 TR+         21.7452
24   Cobra 2                      24.5127
25   Awesome 4 some         24.7788
26   Maranello Marauders      24.9932
27   VP Auto Care         26.8229
28   Team Wasabe         27.8594
29   Club Lotus One         32.2308
30   JAPPA                      38.7069
31   Cobra 1                      42.3155

Collating rest of results another night.

Cheers
Neil

Big Trev

One of our team members noticed today that we were the highest placed "all aussie made" team -  ;D :D

Sheldon McIntosh

Ok, I am from NZ, so I've been known to make a mistake or two before.

But, a Datsun Bluebird Australian?.......

Oh, and by the way.  Thanks very much to Ross Flood for Clerk of Course duties last weekend.  Ross kindly gave up his drive so that the rest of us could get out there.   Cheers Ross