Anyone know where to get door handles for 156?

Started by lmcpaulm, June 01, 2010, 11:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmcpaulm

Only just solved a problem with my windscreen wipers and have a new one!

Does anyone know where to get a new chrome door handle for the passenger side door on a 2005 156?

Looked on ebay, and found some from older models, 2002 2000 etc, not sure if they are the same. Have searched for parts sites on google, with none really listing parts they have so sent off some emails. 

Came out of uni today to find some ****wit had slammed their piece of crap car door into mine, leaving a huge dent and scraping 2-3 inches of chrome off the door handle.  >:( Took it to a bodyshop this arvo and they say it seems the handles underneath are plastic, and not much they can do to give the handles their original appearance.

$800 for the dent and scratched paint... problem is the other car didn't have any red paint on their door so I can't show it was them (definitely was not there in the morning). But noticed there was no paint at all on the edge of their junk door because they had slammed it so many times against other things it seems.  :-[

Andrew156

Don't know where in QLD but the Italian Job in Melbourne (see sponsor page) on this site, has a lot of parts cars available and maybe can help you out.

Hope it helps....good luck!
'02 Alfa 156 Selespeed Wagon

lmcpaulm

Thanks - after ringing Alfa in Southport and being told a new handle is $600 - with a hell no response -

I contacted an Alfa wrecker in brisbane, who wrecks european cars and got me a great condition handle off a door of a 156 for $75.

Pretty happy with that  ;D