My 1985 33 4x4 wagon

Started by Ben33, May 03, 2010, 09:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben33

Hi guys, thought i'd share with you a few photos of my recent purchase :)

I'm a film maker and this has become my practical film gear carrying car, I figured I might as well get something interesting for that task. With my Dad who owns a Black 07 Spider  and planted the idea of buying an Alfa in my head (GregSale on the forum) we've  been through fixing various issues and its starting to get there. The main things left to do beyond giving it a good tune are reducing the tendancy to run hot in traffic, fixing the holes in the exhaust, changing the cam belts and now that the headlights work improving their effiency.

I wasn't sure which way to go about getting an Alfa, I could sell the MX-5 and buy something like a 147 but that didn't really appeal due to the soft spot i've developed for the little MX-5. When the opertunity came up to get this 33 it was perfect, cheap enough that I could keep the MX-5 and practical enough to carry all my film gear. 

The amount of stuff you can fit in the wagon is amazing, the 4x4 system is brilliant in the rain (it seems to have more traction in the wet in 4x4 than in the dry in 2wd) and the sound the engine makes is brilliant. I'm really starting to love this car. My little sister said to me after I took her for a drive in it that it has spunk and she's right, I'm now starting to realise that a good italian car has the kind of character that you can't find in a Japanese car no matter how good it is.

The car still need a good polish and detail, but I cleaned it up a bit last weekend and took these photos.

1985 Alfa 33 4x4 wagon
1990 Mazda MX-5
www.othersideproductions.com

John Hanslow

Well done.  Look forward seeing your car when ready.  Perhaps you can test it out on the next run thru the Black Spur !
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Anthony Miller

Very tidy Ben, congratulations. Is this the car I saw for sale on the side of the road coming out of Colac?
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

Ben33

Thanks John, I'm planning on bringing the 33 on the Black Spur run, hopefully i'll come along with Dad in his Spider.

Cheers Anthony, no this car came from Bright having been previously owned by a guy I work for. It was delivered to its first owner in Bathurst and spent most of its life in Albury.
1985 Alfa 33 4x4 wagon
1990 Mazda MX-5

Martinsifredi

Hi Ben,
your 4x4 looks very presentable, Hope to see you on the EMR.
Martin
MartinSifredi
Classic and Modern
Concours Automobile Presentation
Ph 0425 735 814

Ben33

Hi Martin, I hope to make it  :) It will be nice to check out your 33 too!
1985 Alfa 33 4x4 wagon
1990 Mazda MX-5