new member hi guys pics uploaded

Started by grouchy, April 18, 2010, 09:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTV-074

Yumm....

I love the darker colours on a Super!

Looks like it will come up a treat with a little work (love the "plumbing" work to the heater hose in the engine bay shot!).

Dave...sill trims missing? ..... the passenger side one is clearly visible hanging down on the ground and the drivers side is exactly where it should be!

Love the car....congrats to the owner.

Cheers,

Paul.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

Davidm1600

OOps missed that.  Thanks Paul for pointing out my blindness  ;D Yes me too, I love Giulias in dark colours.  Mine is going to be re-painted in Dutch Blue, but maybe with a white roof  ;D ;D
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Barry Edmunds

Dave
About time we saw some progress on your Super!!LOL

Grouchy and others
The side repeater indicator lights were used on a number of occasions, both early and late model cars. This can only be attributable to the long held theory that Supers (and Ti's) were Parts Bin Cars; whatever was in the parts bin when it came down the line is what was bolted on. I guess we can indeed be thankful that both sides of the car got matching parts.
Amongst my current collection of bits are firewall ID plates, gaskets for the Carello side repeater lights and gaskets for the front park/indicator lights.
I have just learnt of a couple of sets of 14" original steel wheels if anyone wants to go genuine original.
Barry

ItalCarGuy

So Barry are the 10528 ID plates in good knick? Mine is bare metal...

Davidm1600

Hi Barry, well I can actually report that there has been some progress on my car recently, as I finally managed to get the new door cards, rebuilt and trimmed long handles and new rear parcel shelf back from my trimmer.  The cost was about double (ie. $1450) from what I had expected and calculated on, so this depleted the finds severely, and then a engine management sensor died on the 156 wagon so that was another $500 plus it needed new tyres so another $900 plus.  In all approx $2200 down on from where I had hoped to be. 

So regrettably I am going to have to pull my head in for a while and try to save before more progress can happen. If you hop over to the BB and do a search on the Sedan section you will see my posting and pics of the restored interior for my Super (Turning a '69 into a '67 Super replica). 

I know people have advised me on how to post pics here on this forum but I simply havn't given it a go.  Its easier on the BB as I have no problems in downloading pics. 

Sorry Brad for stealing your thread for a moment, back to your car and I am sure you are looking forward to taking it for an Italian tune up as soon as possible.

Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

'76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

grouchy

Thanks heaps guys your help has been great.i found a boot lid on good old ebay and is a friend of alfa fourm it was $440 bit step but i guess im dealing dith the big boys now , would any body have any proff of my car and its late owner anything would be great , the side indicators should be the small ones you can see were they us to be . Were would a good place be to get the old girl serviced o and is it a 1600 or a 1300 thanks again i love this fourm and alfa way if life

MD

I thought the 1300 only had single headlights..
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Davidm1600

Out here in Aus MD I think you would be correct, but over in Europe and some other markets the 1300 also came with both inner and outer headlights just like the 1600s.  However, from memory the interior trim levels were a little more spartan.  

Oh and so to answer Brad's question, I would be pretty certain you have a 1600, though if I recall what was noted earlier on, from an early Ti rather than a later Super.  Which is somewhat unusual, though I guess it was probably what could be found at the time say to replace the original engine.  I don't think the early TIs came in anything but a 1600 ? 

Should really consult my books to be certain on all the model differences.

$440 for a bootlid is not cheap, however, I guess when the need is great and there is not much choice, its a seller's market. I am just glad you were able to find one so soon.   I managed to get 4 unrusty doors from a mate for around $200-300 but that was a few years ago.  I doubt this would be possible today.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

'76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

ItalCarGuy

Quote from: MD on April 21, 2010, 08:56:17 PM
I thought the 1300 only had single headlights..
Well I think that is the case for Australian delivered 1300 Giulias but I know the Euros had later giulias such as the 1300 Super and Super 1.3 that had twin lights. Just like the UK had smooth nose juniors with twin lights and we didnt, i think...

As for the 00514 engine that was only for the Ti and is definitely a 1600. Was also factory correct for a 4R Zagato but there in only one of those in Oz I think. 00526 was the 1600 Super, 00502 was the 1600 Sprint GT and GTC, 00526 was the 1600 GT Veloce, Duetto, and later GT Juniors. I think that covers most of the more common 105 1600s we got here.

Brad, if you do go down the track of putting the correct indicators on, send me a message as I need a pair. Re: the bootlid, ouch. Remind me never to bust mine!