Alfa Island Pics

Started by alfagtv58, March 15, 2010, 11:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv152

Hi All,
Many thanks from the SA contingent to all concerned for all the hard work put in to make this happen.
We all had a blast,here is a little of my incar.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ3ZlkOZGj0
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.

dehne

hi all wish i was there has someone got pics of the sz
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Davidm1600

Hi guys down here from Tassie.  So good to see all the photos and video clips etc from the Alfa Island celebrations.  Would have loved to have been there but a lack of funds prevailed in not being able to do so.  So this is the next best thing.  Hope to see more pics etc as the celebrations continue over March.

One small technical and undoubtedly dumb question for Frank etc.  Why do you guys have a red light that comes on every now and again. It has me confused as to the purpose of it ?  Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Neil Choi

David

It's just Frank, the red light indicates when his brain is engaged or not, but mostly not.

Neil

PS David, seriously, it is his brake lights.

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: Aggo on March 19, 2010, 09:20:06 PM
Thanks Ben, if only I'd put the Nissan gearbox in the car as well I'd be out drifting now down Dandenong Rd. in Windsor after completing a few 'Chapel Laps' safe in the knowledge that my 15 in subwoofer would provide all the downforce I need over the rear wheels, but alas I have too much mechanical sympathy for my Alfa transaxle to go drifting (in dry weather). It'll be good to see your footage of my off at the Southern Loop.

Frank, I checked the rest of my footage and whilst I've got plenty of go in a straight line you were that far ahead of me it would have pointless to try and keep up with you through turn 1.

As requested.  Can be watched in '480' mode if desired.  I think you actually passed someone while you were in the dirt  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1S7THILT5c

Quote from: Davidm1750 on March 20, 2010, 10:57:21 AM
Hi guys down here from Tassie.  So good to see all the photos and video clips etc from the Alfa Island celebrations.  Would have loved to have been there but a lack of funds prevailed in not being able to do so.  So this is the next best thing.  Hope to see more pics etc as the celebrations continue over March.

One small technical and undoubtedly dumb question for Frank etc.  Why do you guys have a red light that comes on every now and again. It has me confused as to the purpose of it ?  Dave

Frank has a red light hooked up to his brakes, so that when he watches later he can see how late he was braking (if at all!)  I don't know why it keeps coming on though  ;D

Davidm1600

Thanks Neil  ;D and Jekyll for the responses.  I had wondered but couldn't figure it out, hence my dumb question.  I kind of thought that perhaps it was a light to indicate the need to change gear ?? but that seemed kind of daft to me, but I have to admit I hadn't thought of it being an internal indicator for late braking.  Good to learn something new.

Definitely some really nice driving there by Frank, in the Sud sprint. I suspect it isn't quite standard anymore, heh  ;D ;D
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

jimnielsen

It's Frank that "isn't standard"....
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

JOHN G

YES I have seen this method when training chips for the space program ;D

Red light comes on

Chimp hits button

Chimp gets a peanut  ;D

John

Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa  75 3.0 qv Potenziata (Black) Concours
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 GP 2.5 Concours
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport 250Hp ATW (Grey)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

Frank Musco

Yes John, you would know, want another peanut? :D

Seriously, the light is so I cant lie to myself as to where I hit the brake, so I can watch the videos afterwards and see how consisitent my braking actually is. At P.I, I try to hit the brake at Honda (U turn After turn 2) at 100m, thought video shows how inconsistent that point is. 50 m either way? Too much brake all weekend!

Car is not standard, heaps of comp, a massive camshaft, on a diet, and a chimp driving.

Aggo, Nice driving.

Neil your not quite correct, Brains, Racecar drivers have no brains, its a prerequisite of speed.

Cheers

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Hey folks,

Has anyone stumbled across more pics from the weekend?

Cheers,
Marco.
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

pep105

Fran-Ces-Co

Thats some fantastic driving mate unbelievable, no mucking around 'ere the green machine flies with you a 'pazzo' at the wheel - Great stuff

Like the brake light idea could this mean you could go faster after some post race braking analysis? - scary, did you pinch the monster tacho da shift light from da Monaro mayyte?  :)

Your hired as my track day instructer

Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: Frank Musco on March 19, 2010, 11:20:13 PM
Here is my first run on Sunday. Nice and tidy.

Um... Frank... I think you forgot to brake for turn 1.

I need to grow some nuts *sigh*.

Thankyou for enlightening me :)
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

alfagtv152

Did anyone get a picture of #152?,I have not found any yet on here.
Cheers
Andrew

MD

Yes Andrew I got some video of you and many others including a section just before and after you lost part of the exhaust !!
I will try and post them as soon as I can master my poxy Panasonic wako file types that it saves them as and totally incompatible with anything on the planet so far. I need to trim out stuff like close ups of my left foot, nose hairs of some unknown passer by and less important stuff like that there first..
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

alfagtv152

Thanks Mikey,
I usually convert them to AVI files and use AVI trimmer to get the bits I want but I am sure yours is better
Cheers
Andrew