What are your favourite alfa driving moments?

Started by scuzzyGTV, February 16, 2010, 08:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Musco

Thanks to Ray and Susan Pignataro and Winton Short Track.
I've lost count of the number of laps that we have run bumper to bumper with 0.00nothing between us. Cant get enough.

Then the long track 6hr. Most number of cars passed in one lap.

Last but not least, the one and only 1:59 flat out lap at Phillip Island. Island magic happened that day.

Al Campbell

Dehne,

I'll second that Sutton Grange route. Although I haven't had an excuse to get the ALFA to Bendigo yet. These days it's always with the Missus in the Forester, taking all the corners below barf speed.

AL

Duk

Probably my best Alfa drive was just after I bought my basically standard 1980 Giulietta. I took my then flatmate thru a piece of windey, hilly country road that me and my old FIAT 132 use to enjoy. I really liked that old 132, but the Giullietta was 2 steps up. Maybe 3 or 4.
Anyway, the old flatmate was of the opinion that 4 bangers were crap and stuff like (the old) Monaro's and Commodores was where it was all happening.
Needless to say, he had his eyes opened on that day. His comment: "That's the fastest I've ever been thru there!"
He even enjoyed a fang back down said road.
While he wasn't converted, he certainly developed an apriciation of a well ballanced car with decent performance.

Another time was a rather 'dull highway' trip to go and pick up a FIAT 131 Supabrava (What DUD(!) of a car they are). Same flatmate, another mate and a boot full of tools and stuff. By this time, the Giulli had a 2 litre instead of the tired 1.8, but was still otherwise stock. Overtaking trucks brought about a nod of acceptance from the 'only V8s have grunt' flatmate.