105 suspension bushes

Started by dfphoto, September 17, 2009, 07:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfphoto

Can anyone tell me the best or cheapest place to get front end suspension bushes, what are recommended the original rubber bushes or after market ones, Thanks David

urraco

The SuperPro range of polyurethane bushes are available through Supercheap Autos Stores (they order in).

For part numbers go to :-
http://www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au/superpro.html

click on    On Line Catalogue     then enter the required info to identify make and model.

Are these the cheapest or best? Sorry not sure, but I have used them in my 105 Coupe for about 2 years with no problems. I think the Superflex brand sold in the UK is just the Superpro "re-badged" as the part numbers are the same.

Hope this helps,
Ross       
Now
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1972 2000 GT Veloce Twin Spark
Falcon XR6 Turbo daily driver

Gone but not forgotten
1964 Morris Mini Cooper 998cc
1968 Nissan (Prince) Skyline GT
1973 Jensen Healey
1974 Lamborghini Urraco 250S

Colin Byrne

I've used superpro extensivly through my track car and have found the to be very good, and wear very well, they may be a bit stiff for a road car though?

Our various sponsers offer different bushes and Maranello-Pursang motors can supply Superpro

72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

cjheath

Do any of these urethane bushing suppliers do donuts? Or does anyone else do urethane donuts? It's just that I find the rubber ones don't last very long with the power of a twin-spark... What stronger alternatives exist?

urraco

Alfaholics UK advertise both "original Pirelli" and for a few more pounds a "heavy duty" item.
http://www.alfaholics.com/parts_by_car/coupe/alfa_romeo_gearbox_propshaft_and_differential_part/
Perhaps this heavy duty item is better.
RB
Now
1972 2000 GT Veloce Twin Spark
Falcon XR6 Turbo daily driver

Gone but not forgotten
1964 Morris Mini Cooper 998cc
1968 Nissan (Prince) Skyline GT
1973 Jensen Healey
1974 Lamborghini Urraco 250S

105s alive alfa parts

Hello,

just saw you thread. i found when i was using the stronger meterial for the donut and the same with a few of the suspension points that you get alot of vibration espeacially throught the drive train, the urathane does last longer but if its just for street use the rubber has a softer feel and not as tight, if its on track then the reliabilty is the key, cheers

Ang
1970 1750 Concourse
1971 1750 (modified club racer)
1965 mustang fastback (i crossed to the dark side)
Wrecking: 3x 1750 series 2 gtv, 1750 Berlina

cjheath

I haven't tried a strong donut, but I can certainly vouch for the increase in noise (road, engine and diff noise) from using urethane bushes in the trailing arms. Surprising, but true - and I don't know if the extra harshness was justified even in my car, which is a road-going twin-spark rocket.

Nevertheless, I'm going to get a better donut. The ordinary rubber ones don't last me two years, and I don't do many kilometres.

105s alive alfa parts

Hi,

Have you had you tail shaft balanced? anything out on there and that would damage the dohnut alot as its the softest point between the engine and diff, even if something is not balanced in your engine it would do that as well but you would feel it when your driving.

Ang
1970 1750 Concourse
1971 1750 (modified club racer)
1965 mustang fastback (i crossed to the dark side)
Wrecking: 3x 1750 series 2 gtv, 1750 Berlina