83 gtv for sale

Started by Mickael Cox, April 21, 2009, 05:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickael Cox

Alright, time to retire the much loved gtv. Have decided to drive something much more sensible and much less fun for twelve months before considering the next alfa.
Naturally there are plenty of issues with the old girl, but she has been my daily driver for the past four years and apart from one time when a wire fell off the starter motor, she's never left me stranded on the side of the road. (But there's always tomorrow, I suppose)
The usual issues are present - there's plenty of rust showing up at bottom of doors and front quarters, as well as behind rear bumper, probably a few other spots too, haven't looked too closely.
2nd gear grinds, although can be avoided with sympathetic gear changing. She'll pop out of 1st too if it isn't in properly.
Needs new pads and rotors all round, as well as tyres pretty soon. The engine also has a healthy thirst for oil, although it's still willing.
Lights front and rear are dim, which I hope would be solved by changing to new relays.
Paint condition is poor and right rear wheel arch is damaged where someone backed into it.
Overall she's in pretty average condition, but she's still fun to drive and steers beautifully. (And did manage to get me pulled over yesterday doing 122) For the past three years all she's done is go up and down the peninsula freeway to and from work.
Rego runs out on May 9.
Couldn't be bothered putting it on ebay, if no one here wants it for parts or suchlike, then I'll tuck her away in the shed. Would rather see an alfisti get it, even if it's going to be cut up for parts. Asking price is $500
Easiest way to catch me is through email - druid1@iprimus.com.au
Cheers,
Mike

Luke

Helluva deal for 500 bucks. They all pop out of 1st and crunch 2nd, anyway  ;D

Mickael Cox

well, I'm not trying to pass it off as something it's not - she's not the best, but she still tries
Forgot to say the car is located at Cape Schanck or at Mornignton during business hours

michthor68

Hi Michael, keen to see your GTV and give you some cash for the GTV. Have E-mailed you with my contact number.

Mike

Thanks Mickeal, looking forward to putting her in the shed next to the others :-).

cars / projects:
Twinspark - Bonneville car build
85 GTV6 red
86 GTV6 3.2 quadcam on ITBs
Alfetta '74 sedan project
Alfetta '74 sedan 1 owner
'76 Alfetta GT blue
'76 Alfetta GT Twincharge
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb
Audi SQ5...well something has to run

Mickael Cox

As Mike has hinted, the car is now sold. Thanks all

Paul Gulliver

Well i'm  glad to hear that it has gone to a good home. That shed down in Launceston is brimmimg with alfa 116 technology and ideas
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Mickael Cox

As i can see by Mike's list of machinery. Very interesting indeed......