Race Craft at Winton on Feb 6 and 7 in 2010

Started by Neil Choi, October 23, 2009, 10:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Hi there all

Just a heads up to all.

Our annual Alfa club Race Craft for 2010 is scheduled for Saturday Feb 6 with a sprint on Sunday Feb 7

It is scheduled earlier in the year to avoid clashes with all the happenings in March for the 2010 AR celebrations.

I will endeavour to get the entry forms out asap but register your interest and intent with me.

It is our first event for the year to give some introduction to those who have not done race craft or track driving before. 

This is a fantastic opener to all levels from junior, novice to those wanting different prespectives.

It is open to all Alfa club members as well as invited car clubs.

I especially would encourage all junior members and novice drivers, there is always something to learn.

You will need to be member of the club, have a CAMS or AASA circuit license and a car.  A standard car is fine but properly prepared.

In fact, the traditional Alfa club philosophy goes that everyone should start off with a standard car, learn to drive first, then progress through the modifications if you NEED to. 

So if you have questions let me know.

Neil Choi

0433 11 66 47

neil_choi@optusnet.com.au

Craig C

Neil

will the weekend also include the off track driver training (junior) session with the brake and swerve elements?

Craig
2003 Spider
1984 GTV 2.0

Neil Choi

Definitely.

On the long track extension, there will be a group doing the brake/swerve type exercises, suited to junior, novice drivers, mums and dads, and those who want some instructions for safe driving but not for circuit driving or competition.  Speeds of no more than 60 km/h.  Lunch time session will be on the circuit for some other gentle driving and activities.

Cost for this driver training will be nominal (tbc), just to say it will not break the bank.

Race craft will be for those interested in circuit driving and techniques for sprints and competition.  It is for going around the circuit fast and smooth and most of all safely.  Lectures on car dynamics, race line, cornering, acceleration and braking will be provided.

Neil

Brett

Hello Neil,
As an expression of interest, we have an 18 year old we'd like to put through driver training.
Cheers
Kev.

Neil Choi

Just to let everyone know that EF and SR for race craft and sprints will be out next week, too busy getting PI done.

So watch out for it and get your car and race craft ready over Christmas for our first 2010 event.

It will fill out due to limited places.

Neil

Neil Choi

Entry form and information on Race Craft and Driver Training now available for download.

Any questions, give me a call (0433 11 66 47) or email (neil_choi@optusnet.com.au)

Regards
Neil

New documents attached (23 Dec 2009)

Neil Choi

Neil Choi

Racecraft is pretty much full.

If you are holding off or waiting or thinking about it for whatever reason, you best get your entry in NOW or contact me to try and fit in.

For those with teenagers or young drivers or any driver wanting driver training, there are plenty of places for the driving training section.

This is a great and cheap opportunity to be educated and trained to drive on the road with a positive and safe attitude.

The right mental attitude and road training will help in your safe road driving.  So here is an opportunity.

Neil

shane wescott

Hi Neil

Not happy with the 75 TS the way it is now so will slot it in for a Sprint later in the year.  Kerry and I will be up at Winton on the Sunday would be more than happy to help out in whatever role you need :-)

See you there.

Catc ya

Shane
Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL
70 Blue Berlina 1750
70 White Berlina 1750

70 White Berlina 1750 (my first)

Current Bikes:

2002 Yellow Ducati ST2 944

Neil Choi

Looking like it is going to be a fabulous weekend for those who got into the Racecraft which is now absolutely full.

Still a couple of places available for Driver Training.

Weather is looking fantastic.

Should have 40 odd participants and about another 40 officials.

Best it has been for a few years.

Come up and check out how it all works.

Neil