Rare Alfa 2600 Sprint for sale

Started by alfamelb, March 08, 2009, 10:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexM

Hi alfamelb
Any luck with the sale? Price, out of interest, if sold?

massiveluvbuddy67

I kept a close eye on this car and almost boought it myself but would have got into far too much trouble with the the "ëxecutive sub committee" at home. Last I saw it was at about $18k and begging was involved...it sold soon after. Alot of car for the $ IMHO. I have not heard where the car went or if it is in the club. I am keen to find out though.
If anyone is interested there is a good 2600 Sprint for sale. It is Hugh Harrison's car. So it will be sorted mechanically. I can have a closer look if anyone is interested interstate or contact Hugh on 0397204442.

PROPELLORHEAD

I borrowed a 2600 Sprint in about 1972 to drive to Perisha Valley from Sydney. Even though the car was getting a bit tattered and burning oil it was a drive to remember, most of the time around 100 mph and so comfortable for two, clicking that beautiful gearbox  into 5th gear at about 90 mph.
No car has been such a pleasure to drive since then. That car was offered to me for $200 because of the engine problems and the bloke needed the money for rent. With a bit of forsight I could have just put it away.

Whatever price you sell for it will look cheap in a few years.