147 Supersprint Car For Sale

Started by dfrye, January 11, 2024, 04:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfrye

2002 Alfa 147, 5 door with a 2lt Twin Spark and 5 speed manual transmission. An ideal starter car to get into supersprinting. All it needs to roll up for the first meet is an oil change, and the oil and filter will come with it.

The car has been fitted with an AGI 4-point half roll cage, which can be converted by AGI to a 6-point full competition roll cage. Also fitted is an Autotecnica Monza race seat along with 6-point racing harness. The rear seats have been removed and a fire extinguisher has been mounted within reach of the driver. "Aero"  bonnet clips have also been fitted to the carbon fibre wrapped bonnet.

There are a few bodywork dings and scratches, but no rust or accident damage. There's some life left in the 205/55 R16 Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003 tyres, which are mounted on blacked out Alfa Romeo 156 rims. Also included are the four original Alfa Romeo 147 rims – two bare and two fitted with cheap tyres.

Front and rear brake discs good with EBC Red pads all round, new front upper and lower control arms, new front sway bar drop links, timing belt replaced a few years but few kms back, pulleys/tensioners replaced, accessory belts and water pump replaced, new radiator expansion tank, new cam cover gasket, new spark plugs and brand new clutch/pressure plate/slave cylinder. Engine coolant and gearbox oil have also been changed.

The current odometer reading is over 260,000kms. The engine blows a little smoke on cold start up and is starting to use some oil - but fine for supersprint use. I have a spare 2lt Twin Spark engine with 128,000kms on it that could be worked in.

The car is in the Southern Tablelands of NSW, and in the next fortnight I will be removing it from its slumber there since the 2022 Winton 12 hour. I could trailer it somewhere convenient by arrangement. Unless someone in Sydney has interest, I will bring it to northern victoria (near Wangaratta) in the next fortnight where it could be driven to Melbourne on a Vicroads permit or collected on a trailer.

I don't have good photos today sorry, but can take more in a couple of weeks. It is cheap enough, and solid enough to buy sight unseen (as I did).

$2500, a bit more if you want it delivered.

//dean

dfrye

Photos as promised.

Note new clutch 1000km ago. AC Blows cold. Needs a brake bleed. 2024 stamped harness with mounts on rear cage bar. VDC alert periodically comes on but does not seem to affect how it drives. The cage alone would be the cost of what I am asking for this car.

dfrye

Additional Shots. Test drive Beechworth.